Bully Clutch Chatter

I’ve got two new Bully Clutches and both of them chatter. Seems like the large snap ring is not snapped into both ends of the driver behind the clutch basket. Has anyone seen this and how did you fix it?

snap ring wont cause it too chatter . Thats a fricton issue .
Genuine bully drivers and snap rings ?
May have too sand the snap ring thinner , or source a differnt one .
is the driver fully seated ?

Make sure you have the correct snap ring for the driver that you are using. For instance, Tuck-n-Run drivers use a different snap ring than genuine Bully drivers.
The set screw goes between the open ends of the snap ring.
If the basket is worn where the driver goes, you may need to file it flat for the snap ring to seat properly.

Chattering is usually a disc issue or too much air gap.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Make sure you have the correct snap ring for the driver that you are using. For instance, Tuck-n-Run drivers use a different snap ring than genuine Bully drivers.
The set screw goes between the open ends of the snap ring.
If the basket is worn where the driver goes, you may need to file it flat for the snap ring to seat properly.

Chattering is usually a disc issue or too much air gap.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

My issue is snap ring related. When I pull the clutch off the driver is only locked in one end so the basket has a wobble to it. This Bully clutch is brand new with its original snap ring.

It looks like the snap ring is too big for the driver.

I have the same issue. Just made a post on it. Mine does it when it turn the shoes around. As long as I have the rounded off blunt end going forward it doesn't do it. I was told you had a more positive engagement with the thin end forward. I tried that a d got the chatter. I turned them back around for this weekend. I don't have any trouble with the snap ring. I use Tuck and Run drivers.

My issue is snap ring related. When I pull the clutch off the driver is only locked in one end so the basket has a wobble to it. This Bully clutch is brand new with its original snap ring.

It looks like the snap ring is too big for the driver.
Theres your problem . The snap ring is too big for the driver .
The solution is a different snap ring or driver .
Possible installation issue.
The driver groove maybe damaged or diver not seated well .

Theres your problem . The snap ring is too big for the driver .
The solution is a different snap ring or driver .
Possible installation issue.
The driver groove maybe damaged or diver not seated well .
I was told the clips off an axle with work. But, I’m have no idea. I’d expect Bully to ship something better than this.

Never tried a axle snap ring . Might be . It Would have to be the wide groove driver .
The bully odd shape not being full circle has to be installed right . With the screw installed.
I have used some from the hardware/farm store .

I was told the clips off an axle with work. But, I’m have no idea. I’d expect Bully to ship something better than this.
That would depend on what snap ring you use on your axle. The axle snap rings that we stock WILL NOT work on a Bully driver.
You purchased your clutch direct from Buller? I doubt that they sent the wrong snap ring with their driver.
If you purchased your clutch from a dealer, it's possible that they stock the clutches without drivers (common) and installed your driver incorrectly, installed a different brand driver, or used the incorrect snap ring.
When you say that the snap ring appears to big, that tells me that there's a fair chance that the driver is a WMS while the snap ring is from Buller.
Again, snap rings MUST be married to the driver that they came with. Tuck-N-Run (WMS) WILL NOT interchange with genuine Bully driver snap rings.

Back