Bully Clutch

Better be ready to make phone calls and take notes there is a long list of qualified guys who rebuild bully clutches. But I will say that the one closest to you may be best to go through.

Better be ready to make phone calls and take notes there is a long list of qualified guys who rebuild bully clutches. But I will say that the one closest to you may be best to go through.
I’m in new braunfels Texas, close to San Antonio

Who is the go to rebuilder for bully clutches!??
Why not learn to do them yourself?
There not hard to rebuild.
It's just checking parts, replacing what's beyond simple repair or fixing and adjusting the clutch.
Smoothing disks can be easily done rubbing parts over fine sand paper on laid on a piece of glass.

If you don't know how to measure for wear, adjust the clutch and set engagement rpm a rebuilt or even brand new clutch is money thrown down the drain.

Beyond supplies you'll need a vice, some kind of work bench a small pane of glass, a 3/4" shaft to mount the clutch on in the vice, some hand tools, a mike, feeler gauge.

Last edited:
Who is the go to rebuilder for bully clutches!??
There are a lot of guys who can do an adequate job for you.
The key to having a good clutch is having it machined and set up correctly for your application.
We'd be glad to help if you need.
We rebuild clutches daily here in the shop, accept all major credit and bank debit cards, and ship FedEx daily.
Clutch setting fixtures.jpeg

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There are a lot of guys who can do an adequate job for you.
The key to having a good clutch is having it machined and set up correctly for your application.
We'd be glad to help if you need.
We rebuild clutches daily here in the shop, accept all major credit and bank debit cards, and ship FedEx daily.
View attachment 30002

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
that's a heck of a measuring tool set up where does one who maybe want to do his own clutch rebuilds to make sure i have a true zero where do i have to go too find a piece like that ! looks older but old is gold!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a heck of a measuring tool set up where does one who maybe want to do his own clutch rebuilds to make sure i have a true zero where do i have to go too find a piece like that ! looks older but old is gold!!!
All you need is a magnetic base and dial indicator. Use it from the bed of your lathe to the machining face while the clutch is in the chuck. If you're using a tool-post grinder, you'll have to index it in this way anyhow.
The fixture on the left started life as aircraft production crib surplus. I turned the shaft down to 3/4" and it works very well for its purpose.
I just posted an article for Tech Talk Tuesday on our Facebook page yesterday showing exactly why machining must be perfect (checked and rechecked) for improved performance and reliability. Check it out if you get a chance.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407

All you need is a magnetic base and dial indicator. Use it from the bed of your lathe to the machining face while the clutch is in the chuck. If you're using a tool-post grinder, you'll have to index it in this way anyhow.
The fixture on the left started life as aircraft production crib surplus. I turned the shaft down to 3/4" and it works very well for its purpose.
I just posted an article for Tech Talk Tuesday on our Facebook page yesterday showing exactly why machining must be perfect (checked and rechecked) for improved performance and reliability. Check it out if you get a chance.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Thank you for reaching back not gonna lie was expecting a piss off quote lol I’m not here to steal money if anything trying to save some lol

Thank you for reaching back not gonna lie was expecting a piss off quote lol I’m not here to steal money if anything trying to save some lol
Brian is a standout guy and is willing to help in anyway to further karting. If he had a dollar for each person that has racked his brain he would probably be retired by now. Lol. I am not here to discourage you by any means but there is an art and attention to detail that goes into clutch building and preparation. Brian has done this for so long he strives for perfection on anything he sends out his doors. If you are wanting a top of the line clutch I wouldn't hesitate to call him.

Brian is a standout guy and is willing to help in anyway to further karting. If he had a dollar for each person that has racked his brain he would probably be retired by now. Lol. I am not here to discourage you by any means but there is an art and attention to detail that goes into clutch building and preparation. Brian has done this for so long he strives for perfection on anything he sends out his doors. If you are wanting a top of the line clutch I wouldn't hesitate to call him.
Oh I whole heartedly understand that without a doubt I have Ben building engines for about 3 years locally and a few out of state friends at age 24 I don’t really push or advertise as much as others cause I don’t wanna be that guy but I felt learning how to do clutches with my group having a handful of kids just entering the sport the more I can do in house to help save my friends and family money and keep the sport growing I feel at least it’s what I can do or try to at least on my own equipment and I just have the itch for rebuilding or building stuff

Oh I whole heartedly understand that without a doubt I have Ben building engines for about 3 years locally and a few out of state friends at age 24 I don’t really push or advertise as much as others cause I don’t wanna be that guy but I felt learning how to do clutches with my group having a handful of kids just entering the sport the more I can do in house to help save my friends and family money and keep the sport growing I feel at least it’s what I can do or try to at least on my own equipment and I just have the itch for rebuilding or building stuff
Are you planning on rebuilding disc or drum clutches? I would get some already wore out clutches to practice on before trying to build your good clutches.

Back