Bully Clutchs

strong08

How hard is it to rebuild a bully clutch, is the spring height gauge that bully offers, is it worth buying. Bully wants $125 to rebuild and you pay for for shipping there and back. Does anyone else do it for less.

It is not difficult to rebuild a clutch. Takes a little equipment to do it right. To just replace friction discs is no biggie - you can sure do that on your own.
The spring height gauge is nice...BUT, you need to have smooth adjuster nuts with no knicks from chain rash or you'll get a false measurement. Now, a decent pair of dial calipers will be a good investment and you can measure accurately with those as well.

Sure, lots of shops can and will do it for less.
Our rebuilds are $50 +parts. That's probably pretty average I am thinking.
What you get with a rebuild seems to vary though. I see shops posting $100 all inclusive rebuilds and then you've got to wonder what all parts are being replaced...springs, shims, bearings, friction discs, floater plate??? Are you getting genuine Bully replacement parts or aftermarket? We offer stock and sell both. I'd rather bill out clutch rebuilds separately so that the customer sees exactly what he's getting and what he's paying for (labor +parts.)

If I can help you, give us a call here at our shop.

Martinbuilt and Jammer both offer rebuilds of Bully clutches as well and would come highly recommended.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The thing is, when you have someone like the above poster or other shops, they are usually better. They machine the pressure plates more exact than what they come new.

Contact Matt at Palmetto speed shop, Hwy 378 not far from Conway Kartway, across from Hess, one of the best person to deal with..............................

The spring height gauge is nice...BUT, you need to have smooth adjuster nuts with no knicks from chain rash or you'll get a false measurement. Now, a decent pair of dial calipers will be a good investment and you can measure accurately with those as well.
What I did is Laser cut three 1/4" plates about 4" long, at 0.175" ; 0.225"; 0.275" to check the spring height, but I still double check with a digital caliper............works fine for 2 years now.....................

Ryan Thompson at Holeshot is the go to guy for Bully clutches for alot of racers across the country, he is top notch. $75 rebuilds plus shipping

Thanks guys from what a I can tell by just locking the floater is the only thing needs replaced, the nutsthat hold the springs are in good shape, so I think I will just order the disk and that is all I am going to do because it is not slipping at all.

Back