Bully identification question

dirttrax

Do all bully clutches have bully engraved on the plate where the springs/bolts are? Huh trying to sell me a clutch as a bully. It has the numbers etched by the springs, it is roller leavers but it doesn't actually say bully. What are your thoughts?

Easy way to tell if it's a genuine Bully is the style of spring retainers -- Bully has always used a hex nut adjuster to my knowledge. The lever actuator plate has always had some sort of Bully name or Bully logo engraved.

I buy and sell Bully clutches all the time. When I'm looking to buy a genuine Bully online, I can't tell you how often I am told a guy has a Bully clutch simply because it has a blue basket or 8 tab discs only to find out it's one of the many copy clutches out there. Once I ask to verify the above differences, it becomes obvious what the seller has.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The springs should be .500" long as well -- most of the copy clutches use longer springs, although I've seen some mix match stuff over the years that just makes you shake your head.

I got my hands on it yesterday eve. It had bully and the bull logo. You just couldnt see it in the pics. Thanks

Back