Bully J/S Clutch engagement...

I would love nothing better, I miss those weekends at the track. I'm probably losing contact where the KT100 comes in. Maybe they don't turn the RPM they use to, but that's the RPM they turned when I raced on a weekly basis. I remember when I first purchased a KT100. One of the first 100 imported into the US. Three-quarter straight shaft, stock, out-of-the-box, no cc check. I have to assume it was the 12.5 CC head. My first race was at Kerman California, it turn 14,500 down the straight. Maybe I should get out to the track and see what their turning now. It's been over 40 years since that first day at Kerman, who knows how many changes have been made since then, they may not be able to turn the RPM they use to. It could happen!
I turn mine 14.7k-15k….ish

I've about got another KT-100 package together, this time with a jackshaft. I'm going to try a 4 disc clutch, set "low" to make it last forever. :) Will have a standard j/s ratio except for my front being a 21 instead of 19 IIRC. Aiming for 15K RPM.

I've about got another KT-100 package together, this time with a jackshaft. I'm going to try a 4 disc clutch, set "low" to make it last forever. :) Will have a standard j/s ratio except for my front being a 21 instead of 19 IIRC. Aiming for 15K RPM.
Ted, with the number of races you have raced in the last decade it should really last forever, lol. Come on, come one day for practice for the fun of it after I am back from Spain in August.

I saw a Bully J/S clutch being advertised at BMI as engaging at 10,200 RPM....is that correct? It was a 3 disc... If I could get one that engaged at 9000, I'd use it. I assume that I could just add bolts and nuts to the lever arms on this one? Being used for a 3/4" shaft KT-100....each disc handles 10hp? I'm tempted to try a 2 disc but don't want to burn it up...
If ya could get a steel basket that would be great.i tried on for awhile and it beat the heck out of the basket.it worked but beat basket up pretty good.it was a agent orange

If ya could get a steel basket that would be great.i tried on for awhile and it beat the heck out of the basket.it worked but beat basket up pretty good.it was a agent orange
Appreciate the tip. I've switched from a PTO clutch to a standard jackshaft setup, but still need (want) a steel basket. Seems like there might be a market for steel inserts into an aluminum basket... Replaceable when grooved...

Back