Bully New Style Spring Height Adapter

Rocky

Is anyone making an adapter to set the spring height for the new style Bully clutch? Don't need a gauge, just the adapter.

Neither could I . Weird google brought it up.
Screenshot_20200412-101458_Chrome.jpg

My question is whats differnt about the new style adjuster ?
I did not see any metntion on the web site .
Is it just a thicker adjusting nut ?
Or something totally differnt ?
Looks like a diameter change . The actual spring diameter is the same should not be an issue .
Screenshot_20200413-141118_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
If it can not hit the flange or flat part . Its still measuring the same minus the width of the nut . As long as it dosen't contact the stud .
Maybe im in left feild here . Surely some one has a better idea .

The older Bully's we used to have had the flat allen head spring retainers. The ones my son just bought new have the 10/32 nuts at the top.

The Bully spring height gauge has an adaptor attached to the anvil that has a recess with the proper depth to clear the current Bully spring nut.

It will work on the older Bully spring nuts with no issue.

It will also work on every other clutch on the market that utilizes a 10-32 Flat Head Cap Screw with an aluminum retainer as the ID of the gauge will clear the screw and register on the retainer.

Kermit Buller is a pretty smart fellow who made a universal tool that anyone serious about clutch maintenance should own.

I have four of them. One at work, one at home, one at my trackside ProShop, and one in my tool kit that travels with me to every event.

I replace my work unit once a year, as I build quite a few clutches, and prefer to have a fresh gauge on my build bench to ensure linear accuaracy.

Just use dial calipers on them
That's what I always did with Horstmans - used the depth spike out of the bottom of the caliper, putting the base of the caliper to the exact top of the spring. None of the pictures give me the right size to see if it will work on the Bully, but it looks like the caliper method will work from the small pictures on their site.

The one my son got did not come from Buller. I told him on Sunday to order a new one from them. The one he has now will not clear the nut. Thanks for the help.

Back