Bumpy small indoor track

I remember reading some of Msquared posts about running lower caster for bumps. I'm just wondering what should be done as a general rule for bumpy tracks. I think less caster makes sense cause it makes the bumps interfere with the geometry less. But is there other things I should do for bumps generally? Lower air? Flatter camber settings?

Interesting question. I dont really notice handling problems due to bumps but I do see the little kids race and their helmets are bouncing all over the place but arent suffering kart performance wise. I suspect the chassis numbers aren't different than normal. Personally, my karts get around fine but Im getting old and I just dont like it. 60 is NOT the new 40.

Interesting question. I dont really notice handling problems due to bumps but I do see the little kids race and their helmets are bouncing all over the place but arent suffering kart performance wise. I suspect the chassis numbers aren't different than normal. Personally, my karts get around fine but Im getting old and I just dont like it. 60 is NOT the new 40.
He's running a really odd setup, no cross and using left side to keep the kart free but his son whooped ass on it at the last race on a shitty track

On a bumpy track, I'd want all 4 tires contributing as much as possible. I'd personally be trying a more balanced setup, with more stagger to promote the turn instead of forcing tire geometry to be a certain way. I'd also be running as little tire pressure as I could without dragging to add some tread conformity and shock absorption, but these are all just semi-educated guesses. I'd want weight transfer to "slow", since traction would already be iffy. Good luck, and let us know what works, please!

Back