Burris 33’s vs Maxxis blue/pink

Hoonikart

So I’ve been running burris 33’s all year and this weekend Maxxis is a sponsor so I have to run Maxxis this weekend.
My burris 33 setup is
LF- 4.5. RF- 6.5
LR- 5. RR- 6

where do you believe I should be for Maxxis pink/blues. I run a predator heavy 400 class. Box stock motor though.

They would be close the same BUT your not high enough with the 33s, more like 8 & 7, WHY 2 lb split on the front ?
The Maxxis will need internally rolled , what does your 33s Durometer ? are you prepping the outside of the 33s If so with what ?

And those are just what I run and the kart is fastest. I’ve played with lots of different adjustments on them and that works. And my 33’s are around a 42-45

From Burris to Maxxis, you generally drop a pound of psi, depending on car count and how much the track bites up.
Having the right internal in Maxxis is critical.
You'll likely need a lot more bite in the Maxxis than you're used to with your 33s (again, depending on the available bite in the track.)

If you need help with prep, drop me a note on here, email, Facebook, or call the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

And those are just what I run and the kart is fastest. I’ve played with lots of different adjustments on them and that works. And my 33’s are around a 42-45
You'll need 100 cc Internal in the maxxis min. Your leaving speed on the table with the Burris for predator, get pressures up to at least 7 & 6 one lb split front and back, If that messes with the front end, adjust the chassis VS just adding an xtra lb to the RF.

Back