Burris 33’s

Can anyone elaborate on the effects of 33’s when they’ve been sized and resized multiple times? It seems to me that this can’t be good for tires. Which is another reason why we need multiple sets.

Along the same lines.... How bad is it for them to be heat cycled like that? Heat it up to dunk it in water to shrink it. That's one heat cycle. Do it 3 times to get it where you want and you have put 3 heat cycles on the LR and none on the right sides. Are gokart tires not as effected by heat cycles because we can put preps back in the tire?

Along the same lines.... How bad is it for them to be heat cycled like that? Heat it up to dunk it in water to shrink it. That's one heat cycle. Do it 3 times to get it where you want and you have put 3 heat cycles on the LR and none on the right sides. Are gokart tires not as effected by heat cycles because we can put preps back in the tire?
Heat cycles actually help them last longer especially 33's as it cures them out some and hardens them up a little, and yes certain preps would help longevity as well.

Extreme heat and cold are not good for rubber...that's a given.
With that said, get your tires sized where you want them the first time and then you are making small adjustments to size them during the week.
We typically have a few extra left rears made up for different staggers and for different tracks. We size all of our right sides @ 34" and all of our LFs @ 32 1/2", and share some LRs from sets.
Many teams build several sets of right sides, since you go through more of them, and share a familiar LF with all of their sets -- that helps reduce the cost of tire sets as well. Personally, I like to keep my sets in 4's, but like I said, having a few extra left rears to choose from comes in handy if the track throws a curve ball and you are looking for different rear stagger.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Extreme heat and cold are not good for rubber...that's a given.
With that said, get your tires sized where you want them the first time and then you are making small adjustments to size them during the week.
We typically have a few extra left rears made up for different staggers and for different tracks. We size all of our right sides @ 34" and all of our LFs @ 32 1/2", and share some LRs from sets.
Many teams build several sets of right sides, since you go through more of them, and share a familiar LF with all of their sets -- that helps reduce the cost of tire sets as well. Personally, I like to keep my sets in 4's, but like I said, having a few extra left rears to choose from comes in handy if the track throws a curve ball and you are looking for different rear stagger.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I do exactly that, build sets of right sides, have several left rears for stagger purposes, and share a LF as much as I can. Budget racing 101

Yeah all RS tires the same size so theres no mistakes in the hustle of a race day, several LR in different sizes and duro's(sometimes all a kart needs is a softer/harder lr) my LF are all older, I dont sprawl my lf's out like most, in fact if i told it most would be shocked what we run on the lf

Back