Burris 33 Non Prep

BDWill

Running Predator Stock out of box with no changes. The tire rule is Burris 33a non prep.
My question what is the best way to cut or grind these tires when not using prep or just bolt on and run?

So 2020 date code ? Do they mark them and your only allowed 1 set ? or can you have multiple sets as long as there not prepped and 2020 date codes ?

Provided you don't have proven results eliminating one, I'd have 2 set's a round cut set for qualifying and when track has less grip, and a flat cut set for features or when track has better grip. Don't get hung up on NO prep as with 33s provided your on the right 33's ( which your limited here ) NO PREP is the fastest 33 anyway, exception more moist softer track conditions.

With the Predator out of the box and race it, it's very important not to get it gear bound gearing is critical, also run as high air as you can without sliding there all about momentum get it rolling and keep it rolling.

With the Predator out of the box and race it, it's very important not to get it gear bound gearing is critical, also run as high air as you can without sliding there all about momentum get it rolling and keep it rolling.
What pressures would you recommend starting with. How exactly do you mean not be gear bound? The kart will be 405 lbs with driver.

What pressures would you recommend starting with. How exactly do you mean not be gear bound? The kart will be 405 lbs with driver.
I'd start 8 lb range and keep getting higher if it doesn't slide.
Good example would be gearing it same as Sr Clone say 14 /65 on a big 1/8 mile, out of box predator would be 2 front driver sizes bigger minimum most avg 3 bigger same track. Another explanation would be gearing it to turn 6500 plus when you only need 4900 rpm.
What size track are you running ? Do you know Sr Clone gearing for track your racing ?

I'd start 8 lb range and keep getting higher if it doesn't slide.
Good example would be gearing it same as Sr Clone say 14 /65 on a big 1/8 mile, out of box predator would be 2 front driver sizes bigger minimum most avg 3 bigger same track. Another explanation would be gearing it to turn 6500 plus when you only need 4900 rpm.
What size track are you running ? Do you know Sr Clone gearing for track your racing ?
Track is around 1/4 mile maybe a tic smaller, senior clone is around 11/65, I changed driver to 14 for box stock predator. will tune the rear gear to get it to 4900 rpms.

Track is around 1/4 mile maybe a tic smaller, senior clone is around 11/65, I changed driver to 14 for box stock predator. will tune the rear gear to get it to 4900 rpms.
11/65 on clone for 1/4 mile. ? Something wrong that gearing would be for a small 10th mile less than 400 feet total.
What track is it ?

^ That's right.
All no prep rules do is force the racer to prep in their trailer, or at home.
It WILL keep the honest guys honest, though.

If the tires are impounded at the track and kept from one week to the next, that limits what you can do to them for sure.

Promoter's advice above is all good.
Round for low bite, flat(er) for biting tracks.
Honestly, we seldom cut really round (high crown) Burris 33s anymore. The tires have changed somewhat in recent years and don't "like" being cut with a very round profile anymore for most tracks.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back