Burris 33 VS Vega yellows

Blakec9

Wanting some helpful information on the differences on these 2 tires. I have very limited tires this season and want to know what the differences are between the two. When is one better then the other and so on. I have 1 full set of Burris and 2 sets of yellow Vegas. Yes, a very limited supply right now but hope to add another set this season at some point. I really want to stick with only these 2 brands so I am not buying 10 different brands and trying to understand them all. Thanks for any information.

JMP can you help explain that? Should I only be running Vega then? I will be running UAS or North South stuff mainly

The construction of the two tires is very different.
Burris has a soft floppy sidewall, where the Vega has a very stiff sidewall.
Vega would be the preferred tire 90% (or more) of the two.
Yellows tend to fall off when they build heat...that can be a problem on long runs or when the track starts to bite up some.
You can used different internal prep products to help with this. Our Medium Rare would be my suggestion.
Generally, you use Yellows on a low/no bite track surface -- either damp/slick or dry/slick and prep accordingly. With the lower duro Yellows, we use Pink Panther internal and Monster Bite on the outside to get the duro down where we want it and they will flat out fly.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Brian, Thanks for the great info. I talked with you some about tires and prep over the winter time and really appreciate your input. I decided to go with Rasics prep line because Phil is close to me and a lot of people recommended his prep for places I plan to run. With that being said I really appreciate how helpful you are even though I didn't purchase your prep line. Thank you!

Back