Burris 33a tire prep

Derrick

Recommendations for tire prep. Homemade. Or to buy? What are some good different tire preps for all track conditions.

There are plenty of home-brew preps and recipes listed on this site (use the search feature in the upper right hand corner of this page.)

If you are looking for a simple, but effective, prep program for 33, give us a call.
2 external preps and 2 internal preps (and you likely won't need the internals for 33s depending on your track.)
Monster Bite adds a ton of bite and softens 2-3 points per coat.
Black Bite 2.0 adds bite but does not soften. (more coats = more bite)

Use the BB2.0 during the week and between races.
Use Monster Bite to get the duro where you want it, then only as a PRW at the track after that.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

For one certain track ? If so which track. ?
To be prepared for multiple tracks ?
If so which tracks. ?
Look...im new to racing. Sorry I didnt know that 1 prep fits one track. I live in ky and run dirt. I was just looking for so good prep brands. Or whatever. Sorry

Look...im new to racing. Sorry I didnt know that 1 prep fits one track. I live in ky and run dirt. I was just looking for so good prep brands. Or whatever. Sorry
Its not directly track specific. Most popular brand is Trac Tac, because it is available everywhere and the products work well together. I don't know where you are in KY, but a great store in east TN is Welch Performance in Maynardville. He has 335 Speedcuts, Payne, Trac Tac, and many other preps in store. The advantage to using a more local prep supplier is both the specificity to tracks, as well as generally good customer service.

I don't race KY so I can't speak to your dirt, but in TN generally you don't go super aggressive. This is especially important if you only have 1-2 sets of tires. My advice would be to not hit them hard with anything starting out, and try to figure out what others are using at the track. Come race Ashway or Godspeed, and myself and others can help you out.

Hey thanks carter. Karting really is not big in Louisville ky. So we dont have supplies. I get everything it swap meet or online. But thanks for the input

Untwist your panties and take a deep breath, I don't understand what part of my response you could take offense to, there just questions to confirm details for not only me to give the best advise, that would help you out, others would see the info and it would help them to give you best advise, plus someone on here will know something about whichever track or tracks your talking about regardless where they are at.

Plus your question is about 33s there are tracks that don't require any prep whatsoever, none .

Sorry spell check changed my work to look. Suppose to be cool. I didnt take anything offensive. I appreciate your honesty

Can you let these fella’s know what tracks your looking at? You’ll be amazed at the amount of help that they are willing to provide.

In your situation . Trac tac is probably the best option. This late in season better then goat pee bgp . Lightly .

For N. Vernon refer to post #3.
You'll want to build lots of bite, especially for early on. Full round "High Crown" cuts, then switch over to "Intermediates" for the features, only if it cleans off enough.

Back