Burris 33A's on Champ

I'm looking for pointers on how to treat Burris 33A's on a champ kart. I just got back into karting the end of last season after being out of it for years. Champs are new to me as I ran flat karts before. I'm running both Godspeed and Ashway in East Tn., and looking for pointers on what I need to work with and how they need to be treated. All tires are currently punching in the 56 to 57 range.

Round cuts early on then Intermediate cuts as the track cleans off and gets faster.
Work lots of bite into the tires without softening them in duro. A product like our Black Bite 2.0 works very well for this. More coats = more bite.
Early spring and fall (or any time the track is soft/damp) you can run softer duro. Our Monster Bite works well applied early in the week to drop duro (2-3 points per coat.)
Prior to going to the grid, wipe a coat of Monster Bite on your tires as a PRW. If the track is moist, the prep can be moist on the tires. If the track is dry, the prep must be dry into the tires.
No internal needed at either track. Pretty simple - 2 preps that are effective and easy to use/understand.
The alternative is using harsh preps pounded in at the track and then throwing fresh tires at the car every time it hits the track. Works well, but can get expensive as you have to have extra sets and then let them cure out for 2-3 weeks before using them again.
If you have specific questions about our Burris tire and prep program, feel free to give us a call at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

For godspeed youll need a tire that has been older and cycled with little to nothing done beforehand then spike it with an aggressive (goat style prep). If you need tires that will be good for there right now, i have plenty which i will sell reasonably.

Ashway will require some tires which are the current year or maybe the previous year which has no prep in them, and theyll continue to get better the more laps you put on them.

I'm looking for pointers on how to treat Burris 33A's on a champ kart. I just got back into karting the end of last season after being out of it for years. Champs are new to me as I ran flat karts before. I'm running both Godspeed and Ashway in East Tn., and looking for pointers on what I need to work with and how they need to be treated. All tires are currently punching in the 56 to 57 range.
You'll want separate sets for both tracks as they have completely different surfaces. Jared replied as I started my reply. His advise is spot on.

If the budget for tires is tight, you'll want the harder tires for Ashway during the summer months that have only seen mild prep.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will definitely use it. Looks like I need to look for a an older set of tires to work with for Godspeed as I have a 2 race old set I will designate for Ashway. One question I did have on the tire profile, what's the round profile do that the flat doesn't? Does it create less bite since less tread contact is on the ground?

Thanks for the advice guys, I will definitely use it. Looks like I need to look for a an older set of tires to work with for Godspeed as I have a 2 race old set I will designate for Ashway. One question I did have on the tire profile, what's the round profile do that the flat doesn't? Does it create less bite since less tread contact is on the ground?
Round cut gets into the track more , Semi round little less, Flat cut less yet , the effect on the sidewall plays a big part of it . For Godspeed or any track where you have to always prep Aggressive you'll want yes an older cured tire, but you'll also want round cuts .
Good Luck !!

Round cut gets into the track more , Semi round little less, Flat cut less yet , the effect on the sidewall plays a big part of it . For Godspeed or any track where you have to always prep Aggressive you'll want yes an older cured tire, but you'll also want round cuts .
Good Luck !!
Ok, thank you. I was out of the game for years, but looking for all the information I can get on tires.

Back