Burris 33s

Hell yea i would like to see [no jugs] do away with it all seems that alot of people think you cant be fast with out it noooot true !

wow shellies really slowed down that much? i remember running 9.4/5's every saturday in flathead medium in 2008/9. never ever used a harsh prep there unless it was raining

wow shellies really slowed down that much? i remember running 9.4/5's every saturday in flathead medium in 2008/9. never ever used a harsh prep there unless it was raining

Yup the only time we hit low 9s is when it was the spectacular other than that regular shows were high 9s to low 10s. If you run 55s you better roll them an use a strong outside, or what im gonna try is 33s to hopefully gain some speed without the harsh prepping like on the 55s.

We had some very positive results out of the B series tires there later in the year with little to no prep. You may want to consider giving them a shot

Would you recommend running the B33B's on the same size wheels as the SS33A's -8.10 tires on 10" on rights, 6.0 tires on 8.5" LR and 5.0 tires on 6.5" LF? I believe I read somewhere that Burris didn't particularly care for stretching the SS series of tires out that wide, but can't find a link to that now. Any recommended tire/wheel combo's for the B series because of the different tread widths? Thanks for your help.

I was fortunate enough to be able to test a set of the B33B's here in Ohio for Burris for a few races last year. At Cridersville, Ohio which is dry, slick Ohio dirt, we entered the Clone Light and Clone Medium classes. Sat pole for the Medium class and outside pole for Lights at 40# over weight. Ended up winning the Medium class by over a half track and was the light feature won by the same amount when a caution came out on the white flag lap. The lighter kid in second was able to get around me on the restart to take the green, white, checkered but we still finished 2nd at 40# over and had the race won up until the restart.

As Mike stated, we bumped our psi up a little bit on the RS over our norm and we did not prep these tires with anything other than water and the Trac Tack blue tire wash in between races in a heated water bucket. We were impressed with what little work it took to get these B33B's ready for the track. No cutting or prepping on the inside or outside...all we did was slap them on the resurfacer and hit them with a belt sander for a few rev's and then stagger them up during the week as we prepared for the weekend.

I for one appreciate all Mike and the Burris camp do to remove the need to soak harmful and possibly fatal chemicals into our tires and our bloodstreams. Proud to be a Burris racer in Burris country and glad they are taking the continuous improvement steps to hopefully lead us all away from the chemical warfare we are all victims of in today's karting.

Paul Wysong

Full rubber or cut? If cut how thin and what profile? (I'm assuming they were flat cuts if at all). Nobody in my area or at the bigger races we go to runs the B series. Everyone sticks with SS, and when the track gets fast, black, etc. they are on hard (cured out, with no prep in them for months), thin cut stuff. Sometimes older date codes (09-2012 has been popular). The only guy even carrying B33B that was at the Mega Money Series this year at Cashmere was Barrett Terry and alot of the stuff I saw he had was blistered and set to the side (maybe from a prior race at the Dump) and he was also on ss-33a's along with Garner, Dickerson, Simpson, Knopf, Herrivan and several other heavy hitters that has showed up and raced there this season.

I've looked at the B series, but I've been scared to bite the bullet and grab a set or 2. My friend has a new set of 2015 date code B33B's flat cut to .60 thou. with no prep inside or out just setting on the shelf and they are for sale. I've considered buying them but I'm just not sure.

Later,

WV Race Fan

The Burris Big Bucks Series at Liberty has settled in and several front runners have ran the same tires pretty much straight up with great success. The more people get away from the jug and use their brain the simpler it gets.

The Burris Big Bucks Series at Liberty has settled in and several front runners have ran the same tires pretty much straight up with great success. The more people get away from the jug and use their brain the simpler it gets.

What has been winning at Liberty 33 or 44?

Would you recommend running the B33B's on the same size wheels as the SS33A's -8.10 tires on 10" on rights, 6.0 tires on 8.5" LR and 5.0 tires on 6.5" LF? I believe I read somewhere that Burris didn't particularly care for stretching the SS series of tires out that wide, but can't find a link to that now. Any recommended tire/wheel combo's for the B series because of the different tread widths? Thanks for your help.

I'm curius about this, too and any new items that have popped up since last year.

For the most part the B44B has been the more popular tire at Liberty. A couple of teams are using the B33B and doing well. The karts that are getting over on the tires in the turns like the B44B. I can't tell you how many times I have tried the 10" rim and gone back to the 9". I find it gives more side bite and can run 4 to 6 psi more and it has a bigger sweet spot. To be honest I have found this to be the case on all our tires.

Mike

I tried uncut and unprepped B33B's at Ben Hur a couple of weeks ago with mixed results. I hit them with a 120 grit flapper disk to get the glaze off of them a few days before the race. Other than that, I didn't do anything to them but wash with water and Trac Tac blue tire wash between races. I ended up with about 1/4" more stagger on the same rims as the SS33s due to the right sides being a little bigger. In practice, the kart handled better than I've ever drove, but during the heat races, it was snap loose in the middle of the corners. I made an attempt to grow the left sides between the heats and features and also re-surfaced all 4 tires. I managed to get the stagger down 1/8" by growing the lefts.

In the features, the kart was loose for the first 3-4 laps, then came in very well. But, by then it was too late, and I had lost about half a straight away. I did manage to close the gap a bit, but in a 15 lap feature, losing 2-3 tenths a lap for the first 4 laps is too much of a gap to overcome.

I really want to get away from needing prep, but I am not sure how else to get the kart to bite on cold tires without it becoming too tight late in the race. I am debating using some prep to help the tires bite early in the race, so I don't lose so much time. Thoughts?

Full rubber or cut? If cut how thin and what profile? (I'm assuming they were flat cuts if at all). Nobody in my area or at the bigger races we go to runs the B series. Everyone sticks with SS, and when the track gets fast, black, etc. they are on hard (cured out, with no prep in them for months), thin cut stuff. Sometimes older date codes (09-2012 has been popular). The only guy even carrying B33B that was at the Mega Money Series this year at Cashmere was Barrett Terry and alot of the stuff I saw he had was blistered and set to the side (maybe from a prior race at the Dump) and he was also on ss-33a's along with Garner, Dickerson, Simpson, Knopf, Herrivan and several other heavy hitters that has showed up and raced there this season.

I've looked at the B series, but I've been scared to bite the bullet and grab a set or 2. My friend has a new set of 2015 date code B33B's flat cut to .60 thou. with no prep inside or out just setting on the shelf and they are for sale. I've considered buying them but I'm just not sure.

Later,

WV Race Fan

We won on the b33b tires at the first mega race !!

Back