Burris 55/tight, pushing issue

Woodyjp

Just a random question looking to get some insight from the tire guys out there. We had a race this past weekend at Kam which is a burris track. We usually dont run burris so all i had was an old set of 55's. I did my best to get life back into them, added oils sanded em down a bit to get some fresh rubber and used some of that trac tac red to get the duro down from like 80 to 45, 40 with heat. Raceday we were very fast when the sun was up but as the day went on we got tighter and tighter. I pretty much turned worse then a dump truck by feature time. I did my best with the kart to make adjustments to make it turn better but nothin worked. Ive honestly never had a worse handling kart...or a kart change so much in the course of a night.

My opinions was that as the sun went down more moisture built up in or on the track. Grip went down and since the track was a very tacky thick black clay the oilds in the tire from the prep along with the hard sidewall of the tire made for a bad combo. After the race i looked at the tires and they did feather a bit which i was surprised about. Just from yalls experience am i kinda on the right track. Obviously i coulda bought burris 33's or 22's and prob never had this problem...but i didnt wanna spend the money right yet. Lets get some opinions if you can.

Thanks,

Woody

Just a random question looking to get some insight from the tire guys out there. We had a race this past weekend at Kam which is a burris track. We usually dont run burris so all i had was an old set of 55's. I did my best to get life back into them, added oils sanded em down a bit to get some fresh rubber and used some of that trac tac red to get the duro down from like 80 to 45, 40 with heat. Raceday we were very fast when the sun was up but as the day went on we got tighter and tighter. I pretty much turned worse then a dump truck by feature time. I did my best with the kart to make adjustments to make it turn better but nothin worked. Ive honestly never had a worse handling kart...or a kart change so much in the course of a night.

My opinions was that as the sun went down more moisture built up in or on the track. Grip went down and since the track was a very tacky thick black clay the oilds in the tire from the prep along with the hard sidewall of the tire made for a bad combo. After the race i looked at the tires and they did feather a bit which i was surprised about. Just from yalls experience am i kinda on the right track. Obviously i coulda bought burris 33's or 22's and prob never had this problem...but i didnt wanna spend the money right yet. Lets get some opinions if you can.

Thanks,

Woody

Are all the others on 55's or 33's ?

33's or 22's i know i was on the wrong tires i was being cheap just wondering if over prepping or something like that may have caused this

It sounds like the track got better when the sun went down and the moisture came back not worse. Did the lap times pick up with the front running karts vs practice and or qualifying when you were fast?

I would think you were better early for 2 reasons track was better plus prep was in the tires better, later no good for 2 reasons track fell off plus not enough prep was still in the tires, what your calling feathering was from sliding on top of track to much not from being to soft and into the track to much.

Back