Burris 55 vs Vega blue

R Bahnsen

looking for some info on Vega blues in comparison to the Burris 55s, how much different and what to expect. We have been using 55s some some time now and have become familiar with them and now having to switch for obvious reasons.

Not real familiar with the 55's but have run the Vega blues a fair amount (on dirt ovals only mind you) biggest think I'd say is that the sidewalls on the blues are pretty darn stiff, even with aggressive inside and outside prepping and pretty low air pressures, track surface needs to have some grip and temp in it for them to fire, but when you have good grip/bite/temp in the track surface, imo they are a very fast, very consistent tire....in addition, I've never had any significant trouble getting them staggered to where I want them, using most of the common tips/tricks of setting staggers....jmo 😉

We are running 425# open wing kart on a most of the time high bite track so I don't think getting temp in them should be a problem, we have feathered 55s at times, so they hopefully will work out OK. Thank you for the info.

Vega Blues like abuse. You must get them hot to work, but once they are, keep on hustling them because they need heat to work and don't fall off like Vegas Yellows ( or Burris 55s for that matter.)
Burris are a good spec tire. The sidewall construction still leaves a lot to be desired in open competition though.
I think you'll really like the Vegas.
We have a solid Vega tire and prep program. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at the shop, or online.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We will give them a try and I am sure we will have some additional questions, again thank you both for the info.

We have gotten the blues to work! They needed a fair amount of prep work but once we added some internal they came alive and they wear like iron, very happy with their performance.

We have gotten the blues to work! They needed a fair amount of prep work but once we added some internal they came alive and they wear like iron, very happy with their performance.
Vegas like internal -- Blues are no different.
You may find re-rolling them more beneficial than with Yellows.

Back