burris ss33 prep

kartboy63

is it good to inside prep a 33 and how much to use. I need to get them to punch out around 28 to 32 I have never tried the 33s but I know a yellow vega is very good like that where we race

Not saying it might not work where your racing, but I've tried rolling 33's a few times inside with NO luck they just do not work like if only external prepped.

Not saying it might not work where your racing, but I've tried rolling 33's a few times inside with NO luck they just do not work like if only external prepped.

Ken, we roll the inside of plenty of burris with great results. It all depends on what prep, how much, and what the track is like.

Ken, we roll the inside of plenty of burris with great results. It all depends on what prep, how much, and what the track is like.

I assumed so I've just had no luck, I've only ever tried it for 2 local tracks, I'll have to call ya and sometime. Now I've never tried just something like a Hot Lap, I've always tried a inside prep.

the vega works really good and I was just going to try 33s if I could get them to fill like the vega , I never used vega but after getting beat by them enough you join the crowd. I was going to roll inside and out to see what happens

the vega works really good and I was just going to try 33s if I could get them to fill like the vega , I never used vega but after getting beat by them enough you join the crowd. I was going to roll inside and out to see what happens

Contact Paul and explain conditions better He'll hook ya up if he feels Burris will work.

Central Louisiana id call Wesley Leblanc, or get in touch with James Raines, both are from your area and will know what track youre racing at.
My feeling is that you would be better off on a Vega, but Wesley or James will know for sure.

Yep, what Earl said....James or Wesley. I've dealt with James in the past and would be very comfortable taking advice from him on tires for your area.

Also, 33's are thick rubber (.110") If you roll them enough to get the duro that low and didn't have them cut much thinner, you will end up with some heavy tires. Also, if you are internal prepping a 33 to soften, why not start with an 11? - already softer duro and spring rate which is what you will get by internally softening 33s.

If a track calls for tires punching that soft, generally it's a Vega yellow or Hoosier track.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Just because a yellow vega is that soft does not mean a burris 33 will need to be. If you going to run the burris call Paul.

Back