Burris ss33a wheels...

Guffman607

how much can one grow a tire as far? i am not trying to find a different stagger i am trying to grow 4 tires evenly. i have an issue at one track i race at where the track starts to get a dip in it on the entrance of the track from the grid... anyways in that dip that is in my line in turn 2 i rub so bad that when i come out of the dip i lose a lot of track pos and lose all steering.

You can grow all 4 an inch to inch and a quarter pretty easily, and grow the rights sides and left rear another quarter inch to a half the left front will be the toughest one to get that big, I'm sure there are guys that have even got more than that.

how much can one grow a tire as far? i am not trying to find a different stagger i am trying to grow 4 tires evenly. i have an issue at one track i race at where the track starts to get a dip in it on the entrance of the track from the grid... anyways in that dip that is in my line in turn 2 i rub so bad that when i come out of the dip i lose a lot of track pos and lose all steering.
Need to change your line, seems other drivers are.
If youre looking for more ground clearance why not just lower the axle mounting location, and move washers equally from the bottom to the top of the spindle?

If youre looking for more ground clearance why not just lower the axle mounting location, and move washers equally from the bottom to the top of the spindle?
my percent were all out of whack when i ran more clearance just off the front spindles. cant change line would take me really high out of two... i am starting to think my frame may be bent but i have no way of knowing if it is or not. i an a heavy dude and may just need to get a new kart for a big guy.

my percent were all out of whack when i ran more clearance just off the front spindles. cant change line would take me really high out of two... i am starting to think my frame may be bent but i have no way of knowing if it is or not. i an a heavy dude and may just need to get a new kart for a big guy.
you cant just lower just the front spindles, you have to lower the rear axle mounting location as well, that will raise the chassis equally giving you the same numbers you had, just a higher vgc

you cant just lower just the front spindles, you have to lower the rear axle mounting location as well, that will raise the chassis equally giving you the same numbers you had, just a higher vgc
my rear axle is as low as it can be also i cant go any more down on my front left so... tires are my only option i feel like

Is it just the nose that's dragging?
If so, maybe it's mounted incorrectly (ie too low or too far forward on the kart.)

Raise the body up if it's just the nose dragging the track.
We mounted one particular body for a customer with the nose on top of the frame rails -- it took a lot of cutting with a Dremel to fit the front bumper through the nose, but it kept it out of the rough race track he was running on.

A narrower LF wheel would help slightly as well.
It's easy enough to stretch Burris tires -- keeping them to size can be a challenge though. ;)
If you're at 33" on the LF and it's still dragging, there's like something wrong/bent with your chassis.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back