burris stud kit?

JRW31526

how good is the burris stud kit? i heard stud kits are good for high comp builds but would the stock head bolts be fine with a fire ring head gasket?

gamecock

burris has a good stud kit. do not use stock head bolts on any build. be sure to retorque the fire ring gasket after a heat cycle.

Yakattack

Or you can go to your local automotive parts supplier, and get the same thing.
For half the price.
Or get the Burris set, and no drive time.

astrowrench

I find the Burris a little short and self defeating w/the built in washers;I use the Raceseng or NR for 18 times the price w/ separate washers;better Torque yield

JRW31526

i was thinking about buying both the side cover kit and the head kit because isky sells them, and i cant afford raceseng allen bolts, are the solid dowells good? or do they crack the block, ive heard so many horror storries about the solid side cover dowells

astrowrench

I Usually run 1 solid dowel and 1 hollow haven't seen or had any ever crack unless they were loose to start with;And don't waste your cash on bolts if you do, the advantages of using studs is lost,IMO. The Burris's work OK, I have used them.... just a tad short on head for me, plus I like separate washers for a few reasons.