Burris tire program? Help

Hey guys just been carting about 1 1/2 years now and looking for some help on my tire program. We run under a Burris SS33A tire rule and are running up front for the most part. But i continue to ask myself what am i missing on tires? I feel im lacking of knowledge & experience in some area's on tires. I'm currently running round cut 33's ive started to get my staggering down pretty good i think but don't really know much about how to know that we're good on our tires hardness besides there's not feathering? I run at ashway a hard dry slick track & It likes hard tires. I get the feeling we need to be harder on tires. But we have done everything we can to get harder tires like buying old date codes & having them cut and curing them. Is there any better faster way to make tires harder besides leaving them outside for months & years at a time? Thanks

The only way to prove if your leaving speed on the table is to try different ones, you may not need that much harder a flat cut tire may do it, mounting and cutting the tire first so you can scuff them in heat cycle them on track will help them harden quicker.
Curious you say your on round cuts now doing pretty well so I assume that's for your feature race, are you qualifying on different tires ? Do you heat race or time trial ?
What date codes are your round cuts ?
What do they duro now ? Are you wiping any prep ?

Last edited:
My son won a championship at Ashway in gold plate.
If your tires arent feathering just a little you need to prep for more bite.

Be careful round cutting 33s on the newer date code stuff. It'll kill the roll speed. Ashway is still a pretty big track and you need as much roll speed as you can get, then add your sidebite back in the tires chemically. Our intermediate cuts and Black Bite 2.0 outside prep works well there. If you need more help or have specific questions about our Burris tire program, please feel free to give us a call at the shop or message me on here.

Note: We will be away from the shop (and computer) all this week on vacation. We WILL return your call though if you leave a brief message.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Be careful round cutting 33s on the newer date code stuff. It'll kill the roll speed. Ashway is still a pretty big track and you need as much roll speed as you can get, then add your sidebite back in the tires chemically. Our intermediate cuts and Black Bite 2.0 outside prep works well there. If you need more help or have specific questions about our Burris tire program, please feel free to give us a call at the shop or message me on here.

Note: We will be away from the shop (and computer) all this week on vacation. We WILL return your call though if you leave a brief message.

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Thanks for the help Carlson.