Burris tire question

I believe that if you are looking for max bite/grip, you will want to just resurface and go. If you are running a hard and fast track with good grip, you will want cuts.

Personally, I think that cut Burris are always faster -- how much to cut though varies quite a bit.
I think that the advantage of cuts becomes more evident as the track bites up. High bite tracks will show the real speed of thin cut Burris over full rubber.
For low/no bite tracks, I still think that a good set of crown cuts will be better, but their advantage will be diminished greatly over simply scuffed tires.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

There are several good tire guys in this area ,Terry. I can recommend someone or if you want I can do them. The problem is 1 set. If there not done right for the track your running on. Then your speed potential will not be there. Are you running stock or modified.. which. Track.
You can contact me and ill try to point you in the best way I can. Most tires are cut a little and refinished right ,that's where I would start
Terry D.

What about if you wanted to have a set that you did nothing but qualify on and let's say it is a place like dumplin valley where most of the time during the day when you qualify it is dry. Would even consider a set of b33 to do this.

I do not mean to hijack the thread, but I have been hearing that the new trick is to buy all the burris you want to run for 2015 this year. Mount them up and run them for a few laps with out prep or cutting. Put them in black plastic bags and let them sit in the basement for the rest of the year. Then next year take them out and cut and prep to run for 2015. Is there something to burris with the cure or are people on high bite tracks just looking to get the burris as hard as possible before working them and hitting the track?

I do not mean to hijack the thread, but I have been hearing that the new trick is to buy all the burris you want to run for 2015 this year. Mount them up and run them for a few laps with out prep or cutting. Put them in black plastic bags and let them sit in the basement for the rest of the year. Then next year take them out and cut and prep to run for 2015. Is there something to burris with the cure or are people on high bite tracks just looking to get the burris as hard as possible before working them and hitting the track?

I'd have them cut before you put them up. They will soften again after you cut them.

Agree with c4. Cut then put up if u choose to save for next year. No matter how hard they are before cutting they will soften up when u get down in the rubber that hasn't been exposed to the elements.

Back