Burris vs Vega

jsf74

Under what conditions would a burris tire be favored over a vega or is the vega always better? We run a small 460 ft Semi banked bull ring And our track prep is VERY hit or miss. Sometimes its been watered throughout the week and sometimes we show up to a 1 groove dust bowl.

Watch the lap times - a stop watch never lies.

Burris rarely are the fastest tire in open tire competition, but every once in a while, they're as good or better than alternatives - especially if they are cut and prepped right.

Vegas excel in low/no bite track conditions - wet and slimy or dry and dusty (both = no bite.)
Stiff sidewall, low psi, natural rubber, all = a good tire in those situations.
I've also seen Burris 11s or Hoosier D10/20s go good in those same situations.

You won't know what's best for you and your kart on that track until you try it. And even then, be prepared to jump when the other tire(s) get faster as the track changes. You can only do so much with preps.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Burris is an amazing spec tire. Seldom will I ever take a set out if it’s an open tire rule. Unless it’s mandated, I’d pick pinks and blues/harder Hoosier/stones out for a hard track or Vegas for a looser/softer/wet track.

just seems odd to me we internally roll our vegas to soften the sidewalls and burris are already soft. Granted we are fast every week on prepped vegas but man it would be nice to burn all these extra burris tires up rather than buy fresh vegas every 5 or 6 races.

Back