Butler Speedway Quincy Michigan.

We still need a basis for the classes... engine clutch combo weight limit. Tire rule doesnt matter to me right now.. but i need to know what equipment i need to run there... for example... jr sportsman there are tracks running just purple plate clones... others allow all 3 engines to run together flatty, animal, clone... and some tracks are now running predators...

Since they are day racing, could you ask them to build the track north and south so you don't have to run a straight looking into the sun?
funny you should mention that.. there is a tree line on the east side of the area... hoping to build along the tree line to keep wind down, moisture up from the shade.

I have seen many of cars in the "tree line", so hopefully they put in a wall or we will have trenches... Just as a tip if any one from Butler is listening, they should water the kart track nearly every time they water the big track on Thursday through Saturday in attempt to build moisture for a day race.

Interested...but if it's backyard style racing you'll be competing against Charlie's club, thinking they run Sundays. If it's legit AKRA racing with rules, tech and payout, then you'll be competing against Eldora.

Interested...but if it's backyard style racing you'll be competing against Charlie's club, thinking they run Sundays. If it's legit AKRA racing with rules, tech and payout, then you'll be competing against Eldora.
Eldora is only one Sunday a month.

Who would be promoting this? If it’s AKRA rules who would be tech? We have 5 karts and are in coldwater but not interested in back yard racing.

Slow going, trees were down a few weeks ago and stumps pulled. We had the dozer and grader out last week. the area is packed with rocks, softball and bigger rocks. trying to get the appropriate equipment to get them all. some of the volunteers didn't show last week so we are hoping for a better tune out this weekend. much of the brush is cleared away. Our best hope is to have the ground all around the track graded, grass planted and bolder free with the track clay down by June 1. we are don't want to make commitments we can't meet and have to keep changing it. the plan as it stands is to have a track about 700 feet in length (driving lane) 60 feet of infield, between the inside of the front and back stretch. Each straight away to be around 200 feet in length. Not quite a paper clip, we don't want it to be a flat foot track. Each lane width goal is to be around 20-25 feet wide.
We would like to be AKRA sanctioned, We will follow their rules the best we can with what we have starting out. Full Swing in 2022.

Nothing worth having is easy or right the first time through, I'm sure we will have some learning curves.
Open slick tire, IF WE get the clay down earlier, i'll post here for open practice dates and times.

Slow going, trees were down a few weeks ago and stumps pulled. We had the dozer and grader out last week. the area is packed with rocks, softball and bigger rocks. trying to get the appropriate equipment to get them all. some of the volunteers didn't show last week so we are hoping for a better tune out this weekend. much of the brush is cleared away. Our best hope is to have the ground all around the track graded, grass planted and bolder free with the track clay down by June 1. we are don't want to make commitments we can't meet and have to keep changing it. the plan as it stands is to have a track about 700 feet in length (driving lane) 60 feet of infield, between the inside of the front and back stretch. Each straight away to be around 200 feet in length. Not quite a paper clip, we don't want it to be a flat foot track. Each lane width goal is to be around 20-25 feet wide.
We would like to be AKRA sanctioned, We will follow their rules the best we can with what we have starting out. Full Swing in 2022.

Nothing worth having is easy or right the first time through, I'm sure we will have some learning curves.
Open slick tire, IF WE get the clay down earlier, i'll post here for open practice dates and times.
Ok we will try to be there but with the given updates my team wont be there til August

Back