Buying ceramic Bearings

Just something to think about. Don't pumper carbs draw fuel differently than float carbs. In a pumper carb does the air flow have any effect on the fuel draw? In afloat carb isn#t thefuel draw directly related to the air flow and the height of the fuel in the bowl? Couldn't this account for the float carb being less sensitive to air quality differences? I once had a top animal carb explain this to me and it maid sense to me.
Jim.

JCD3180
I bought a sleeve of front wheel bearings from the kart manufacturer.

Off topic -
IF I were up front and IF I were changing jets to stay up front, I wouldn't tell anyone. :)
Maybe the fast guys do the same. Maybe.

Just something to think about. Don't pumper carbs draw fuel differently than float carbs. In a pumper carb does the air flow have any effect on the fuel draw? In afloat carb isn#t thefuel draw directly related to the air flow and the height of the fuel in the bowl? Couldn't this account for the float carb being less sensitive to air quality differences? I once had a top animal carb explain this to me and it maid sense to me.
Jim.

The only difference between a float carb and a pumper carb is with a float carb you must setup or adjust mechanical parts to regulate the amount of fuel in the bowl which supplies fuel to the engine. A pumper or diaphram carb has a fixed size supply bowl with no adjustments to determine it's fuel level. A float carb gets filed up until the floats shut off the fuel pump. A non float carb, just fills up the bowl and keeps it full.

Both kinds of carbs draw fuel out of their supply fuel bowls. As long as each are able to keep their fuel bowls full, neither would have an advantage because of air pressure.

A little added info. If you can control and regulate the amount of fuel supplied to the bowl, you don't need separate high speed control of fuel flow. It's better to have separate control of high speed fuel flow, but if you don't have it separately as in a briggs box stock carb, it can be done by controling fuel flow to the supply bowl.

Back