Buying my first GoKart (HELP!)

miguelgaa

Hello Lads,

My name is Miguel and i'm from Portugal, i'm 25 years old and i'm thinking on buying a Kart
The kart is supposed just to have fun, not compete or anything like that, maybe after some time i might save some money and buy a new one if i want to race

So having that in mind and since is my first GoKart i'm not thinking of spending 5 grand on it

What i want is a 125cc GoKart, automatic or manual (manual preffered), front brakes is a big plus, i accept suggestions from you guys that know a lot more than me :p

I already saw some karts and if you can comment what you think of them would be great (i attached some pictures of the two ads)

One of the GoKarts is a CRS 6 speed engine mounted on an Alpha chassis, it needs new reed valves (i think this is the name) Is it something easy to change? how to spot if that is the only problem on the motor?
View attachment 5279

The second one is a Vortex tt 125 mounted on a Tony Kart chassis this one is supposed to be ready to run
View attachment 5280

The Alpha costs 1100€ and the tonyKart costs 1300€

What would you recommend me?
Other options are acceptable

Thanks in advance for the help

Looks like your planning too have a Lot of fun.
Both are racing kart , do you have aplace to race them ?
reeds are not hard to change , thing is is it really the reeds.
Both are out of my area of expertize , off hand the tony kart would be my choice .
Both will require some mechanical ability, IE a lot of said ability.

I am from Spain but have been living in the US since 2000 and racing karts for way over 20 years. I coiuld help you. where are you located? You can pm me too. I do not check this particular section much. Thanks.

Back