Buying take offs

Depends on the quality of the amateur/jr classe racers.

We started over 25 years in jr. Later learned we started against 3rd generation kart racers.

so... IMHO it just depends. ... :)

Yup- Depends . Are you close now ?
What geographic area?
Whose take offs ?

You would not want most of ours ? .
Ive bought plenty of good experienced tires that were fast .
Best too know who your getting them from .

Depends more on how close the take offs have been prepped for what your track needs, just the fact there the same tire don't cut it.

How's the budget on your local Saturday night crowd? Do they run older tires? How good does the track get? Wetter softer track cuts down on needing the perfect age and roll tires.

Not sure yet. I'm in the air force live in Tucson but I am moving to kenly next month just bought a house 6 miles from TCK. So any and all questions I have will be about that track

Amateur and jr classes on weekly points races you can be competitive, on the larger money series day races not the same.

Ok good to know. So the regular weekly stuff but not the maxxis midstate series or the big money events

Does not matter if for weekly points or Series you need to know how there prepped, If there over prepped from where you race requires won't do you much good, of course if there under prepped you can add.

I get that and would only consider buying take offs from guys running at the track that can tell me what has been done to them. I'm newish to the sport but not so new that I think takeoffs for a track in Georgia will for sure work on another track in north carolina

" I think takeoffs for a track in Georgia will for sure work on another track in north carolina"

I think the Georgia and north carolina tracks would need to both be same brand tire tracks

Ok wrong choice of words. I am sure that there are tracks that that one set could work on both. What I was saying is I know tires for a track that is normally wet wont work on a hard fast track and so on and so forth. Wasn't aware I had to be so specific

Also you quoted only part of the sentence and therefore took that out of context. This isn't about tire brand.

Ok wrong choice of words. I am sure that there are tracks that that one set could work on both. What I was saying is I know tires for a track that is normally wet wont work on a hard fast track and so on and so forth. Wasn't aware I had to be so specific

Also you quoted only part of the sentence and therefore took that out of context. This isn't about tire brand.
Very important to be specific with anything karting to get proper information

Back