Cage karts at bobcat speedway

I talked to race directors this morning and they are exploring the idea of having cage karts race here. If u have any questions go to there facebook page n show your support. Facebook it under bobcat speedway.

i'd think the cage karts would enjoy running at bobcat, and even maybe at denison on bobcat's off sundays when things get rolling there too....

You guys ALL need to make it to where they are CHAMP KARTS so that nothing is so drastically different fro flat karts to champs rules wise. This should bring a better influx of racers and let folks not have to have so many tires, wheels and engines. It works out east and WIL WORK HERE if you will institute the rules....

ALL karts with a cage are cage karts. floating or not. As far as floating cage stuff being "cage karts", they are. But so are champ karts. You are referring to Outlaw karts, which, at least in my area are WAY more common than champ karts. Ive been at this since 2006 in my current incarnation, and I have seen ONE champ kart race. ... you are correct, the winged karts, or the outlaws, or QRC's ar quite a bit further from the "stock" classes than the champs are ... they are all cage karts. Even the rookie flat karts they weld a cage on.
Yes, we run a winged kart, and I will answer any questions to you guys that dont really understand them. They are a growing sector of the sport, and for many reasons. From what I have seen of Denison, I dont think it will hold an open class winged kart, we considered bringing our 125 last year. Its amazing how much more these open machines bring to the table .. they are simply too much for a lot of tracks.

Champ karts have a regular kart seat,slick tires

Champ karts can run a kart seat, aluminum race seat . . . slicks or treads. Seen it all different ways. The difference between a champ and a cage kart is how the cage is mounted. A champ has a welded cage to the chassis (no slip joint at the cage mount to the chassis) and the cage kart will have a floating (spring loaded/slip joint) cage mounted to the chassis.

Try to bring a floating cage kart to a champ race and see how far they will let you run . . . I will agree that all karts with a cage, have a cage. . . But they are not all the same thing.

or the other way around. but they are both cage karts

actually, and I may need to corrected here, I hink the only machines I have seen in this area that are oficially referred to as Kage Karts (are they both K's?) are what I call speedway midgets like they race at NKK .... The IKF Kage Karts, and they are a welded cage, most are on slicks, although I raced a couple pretty fast ones that were on treads there one night, and I believe they run the aluminum seat, although Im not positive. Most I have seen, if not all, are 2 strokes, some single engine, some twins, and suspension.

Again, we run a winged kart, and haave since 2007, which is a cage kart along with champs, midgets, and the rookie flat karts I have seen in Wisconsin. i never said they were same thing. but they ARE all cage karts.

as a p.s., we have never taken our winged karts anywhere they didnt let us run. Except Kamrar. They claimed to not have a push vehicle. It was a guys farm fer chrissakes, but now we bring our own :) Most everyone is eager to see them go. Our current one just has a LOAD of motor. Last years was strong, at around 38 HP making 13,200 RPM on about a 7.20 gear at most tracks, weighing 375 minimum. ... but this one made my grandson never wanna get in the old one again after 8 laps.

I'm pretty sure that the "cage karts" being considered to run at bobcat are the "cage karts" that currently race weekly at lss near Greenwood be and mini eagle near eagle be, with welded solid cages, full containment seats/belts, Carlisle knobby tressed garden tractor tires, drum clutches, and track sealed/approved boxstock project clone engines, a very low cost entry level type class.

i understand they get a lot of them, too. didnt they used to run em with inteks ? And if the promoter thought you were running away, could swap out motors w/ one of his ? im not sure how much is accurate, but I think I remember hearing that ... sounded fun ...

I guess thats my point. just about any kart styled machine w/ a cage is a cage kart. you really have to be more specific

I like the whole cage thing, but it isnt for everyone. I get that, too

There was a guy who brought out a winged outlaw kart to mini eagle either last year or the year before, it was too much for that small track, though I will say, those things are quite cool, would love a chance to jump in one sometime....

The minimum weight in our class is 450. We had to add a few lbs to be sure we were there. My grandson/ driver is 6'2 and around 150 lbs. It carries a modified cr500 Honda 2 stroke. The only engine rules in this area are 550cc or less, single cylinder. The end. Our makes in the neighborhood of 100 HP, and loses very little through the transmission, because the only gear still in it is 4th. This year the drivers range from 14 to 60-ish. Class min is 15, but with promoters approval. home track (english creek speedway) is between 1/6 and 1/5, nice banking, good straights, long corners. Josh was complaining at practice that he thought it was pushing some coming out. We determined that when he was picking the throttle back up around the apex, it was drifting the front wheels a little (at somewhere around 65mph+ estimated) . We have full on safety gear, equivalent to whaat you would see in a sprint car ... guys that have ran both, Kyle larsen, Rico, some world of outlaw drivers, have all said when they get out that it is just as much of a ride as a 360 sprint car.
It isnt unusal for a kart track to not be big enough to really hold them, but they do put on a show. I own one and cannot imagine the fun it must be.
Our machine last year was powered by about 38HP CR125 honda, so the big motor stuff is still really new to us, too ... my wife wears safety glasses to watch from the fence lol

Go see em some night if you get a chance.

Eagle and Little Sunset have now essentially mirrored their rule packages on the Cage Karts. You are looking at over 100 of these between the two tracks. Unfortunately, both run on the same night. People want another track to race at. My suggestion would be to stay away from the Outlaw Cage Karts and the slick tires. The cage kart tires will last people for two full seasons and no prep game. Motors ara a sealed spec engine. Very inexpensive and SAFE racing. Cage Kart is a midwest term and Champ Kart is an east coast thing. Outlaw karts have the spring mounted cages. Whatever they decide they need to advertise and get the word out quick. I think you would draw a decent amount of karts from the Omaha area. Best of luck in your decision.

As of now bobcat says "cage" or "champ" karts are welcome. The rules will probably be the same as mini e n lss. Hope u guys come out for some fun racing. 10 am tmrw 4/26. For cleanup day n practice. May 3rd is first points race

Back