Calling all charger people

Bandmn

I have a 5yo thats going to be running red plate in Ohio, he ran his 2015 charger dynasty in the kids kart class last year (running a 79cc predator with a red plate restrictor in it and a 12/65 gear rule) the person who set his kart up last year set it up for easy handling (whatever them #'s are) now im setting his kart up this season what #'s should I set it up at. Thank you for any info!

If last year's setup didn't present problems, start by measuring present caster, camber, toe, tread width at both ends and front and rear stagger and throw it on the scales and get those numbers. That will give you an idea of where to go and which adjustment would be best to head in what direction to achieve the desired change(s).

Other than that, someone with more knowledge of that particular make and model will undoubtedly post a baseline setup you can use for a starting place. Just keep in mind that any setup will have to be tweaked to suit driver preferences - and that's over and above tweaks for different track conditions. Since he has a year under his belt, in spite of his young age, his input will definitely be useful, even if it is only whether the setup felt better or worse than the last time he was on the track.

Have you by chance checked the charger website? They publish numbers for all of their chassis' and for your ballpark weight class.

Personally, I run less cross than what they recommend but that's just me, and I'm a large man so I have no idea what you would do for a kid.

Have you by chance checked the charger website? They publish numbers for all of their chassis' and for your ballpark weight class.

Personally, I run less cross than what they recommend but that's just me, and I'm a large man so I have no idea what you would do for a kid.
No I have not nor do I default to that method because 90% of the time them numbers don't work for our nw ohio farm dirt lol

I'd scale it out where it's at now, then compare it to factory set up and expect current left and cross to be less then factory and I'd meet somewhere in the middle, I'd stay closer to what you got VS factory numbers because of your location.

Do you know what you have now? Who's going to scale it for you, do they have any ideas for your class?
Someone with scales,Who knows your class, it seems to me, would be your best source of information.

Back