Cam differences for jr1

Cam choice decision made yet ?
One thing about doing your own .
You will know what has or has not been done .

There's a reason you aren't seeing the same cam being named unanimously. There are a small number of cams that are being used by builders and the engines they build produce the same amount of power. These guys aren't just picking out parts and assembling them right out of the box. If they're using Cam X successfully it's because it works best with the way they shape heads and carbs they build. It's a package. They have years of air flow research contributing to the way they build stuff. Cam X motors make X amount of power but it's also because of their carb work and cylinder heads. Another guy might use Cam Y but it makes the same power as the X because of the way he does his carbs and heads. Just different paths leading to the same goal.

Cam choice decision made yet ?
One thing about doing your own .
You will know what has or has not been done .
I've been told that dyno cams cl2 is what I should use since it's the same cam that's allowed for the next couple of classes. I don't have any knowledge as to what makes that a good cam, I just have good people helping me and telling me what to do. Eventually I'll have the experience to understand the details

There's a reason you aren't seeing the same cam being named unanimously. There are a small number of cams that are being used by builders and the engines they build produce the same amount of power. These guys aren't just picking out parts and assembling them right out of the box. If they're using Cam X successfully it's because it works best with the way they shape heads and carbs they build. It's a package. They have years of air flow research contributing to the way they build stuff. Cam X motors make X amount of power but it's also because of their carb work and cylinder heads. Another guy might use Cam Y but it makes the same power as the X because of the way he does his carbs and heads. Just different paths leading to the same goal.
That makes good sense. It's not "what part works the best" but it's what part works the best with other modifications. I'm only in year 2 of the karting world. By year 10 I'm sure I'll have a few tricks up my sleeve

Back