Cam for 60363

Waters21

Will the black mamba cam fit in the hemi pred motor or is there clearance issues? If so what do I need to to for it to work? Thanks.

yes....the new hemi head motor will accept the clone cams. unlike the old style predator, this block is designed to use the same cams as the clones. so you won't have any issues using the black mamba....i know i'm going to get one!!

Be very cautious HERE---- The "black mamba" is available for both the NEW and OLD style predator; The cams from an old style non-hemi pred. WILL NOT fit the new hemi 60363 As the cam journal diameters are .005-.006 different depending on quality control that day.Some people Should stick to their Job.And not be armchair builders. JMHO

Yea I found that out the hard way a few month back I figured they were all the same but no. I had to send that cam back and have them send me a 196cc cam

What's everyone thought as far as head work on the 60363 I'm still wanting to pull start it if possible but still be a pretty strong engine. And what kind of head gasket to use and how thick?

You can pull start pretty much anything; provided the compression release is working and the valve settings are correct

i'm not a premire engine builder or one that builds for others, but i'm not an arm chair builder either. our engines produce good power....enough to win... i mentioned that the hemi head is UNLIKE the old style, that you can use the 196 clone cams in the 60363. you do have to be careful as with any build, but with the NEW predator block accepting the clone cams, then the possibilities are endless. and screaminclones....my next engine is going to have the f275 cam....i want them rpm's!!!

Which would be better for a small track the black mamba or 275? I'm geared at a 12 70 turning 6000 but I'd like to be closer to 7-7,500

i'm not a premire engine builder or one that builds for others, but i'm not an arm chair builder either. Our engines produce good power....enough to win... I mentioned that the hemi head is unlike the old style, that you can use the 196 clone cams in the 60363. You do have to be careful as with any build, but with the new predator block accepting the clone cams, then the possibilities are endless. And screaminclones....my next engine is going to have the f275 cam....i want them rpm's!!!

me too...:)

Which would be better for a small track the black mamba or 275? I'm geared at a 12 70 turning 6000 but I'd like to be closer to 7-7,500

If its a small/tight track, you 'might' be better off w/the Isky becuz it's got a lower torque/power band. However, if you are allowed too run a disc clutch where you can get the 'stall' high enough, then...the f275 'could' have a smile on ur face! It 'starts' haul'n @ abt 4800 on Alky!!

They won't ship specific numbered engines. Have to go to a harbor freight and shift through the boxes. They have the old mixed with the new.

If its a small/tight track, you 'might' be better off w/the Isky becuz it's got a lower torque/power band. However, if you are allowed too run a disc clutch where you can get the 'stall' high enough, then...the f275 'could' have a smile on ur face! It 'starts' haul'n @ abt 4800 on Alky!!

.. if.your running a small tight track id go with a mod 2 or bp2 cam jmo.. I had the f275 cam and ran on a very small track and was lazy no mattrer how you geared it, swapped to a bp2 & it came to life.. this motor currently makes 24hp hemi head with bp2 cam with a tilly..

.. if.your running a small tight track id go with a mod 2 or bp2 cam jmo.. I had the f275 cam and ran on a very small track and was lazy no mattrer how you geared it, swapped to a bp2 & it came to life.. this motor currently makes 24hp hemi head with bp2 cam with a tilly..

....there ya go, better input than I !! What clutch do you recommend in that pkg?

Where are the 60363's for sale at? I checked harbor freight site and did not see them. thanks.

I called numerous times over the past couple months to buy a couple more and they told me they are discontinuing them. Luckily I bought 2 so I at least have another one but I've heard of people selling them for 3-400

I currently have a cl1i and it seems like it just quits pulling down the straight away almost like valve float but I have 22lb springs and a arc billet flywheel it's hard to beat off the corners but I'm getting pulled down the straight aways. The reason I was curious about the black mamba is because someone I run with has on in a blue clone and that thing hauls!!! And it has stock every thing else except 18lb springs. Is it possible that I'm just running out of cam?

Back