Cam for predator

bullerman

Where do you buy a cam that will profile to the Southeastern Predator Group Rules. I looked on Dyno's site but didn't see anything.

All the cams we run are legal in SPG rules. All BSP cams 1,2,3's. Dyno cams Original CL-1,CL-1m,CL1-I and probably a few others that we haven't tried yet.

Any cam with stock lift and duration will be legal, each cam has its own profile though, you can have any cam grinder to custom make one however you want with stock lift and duration

Looks like we have come a long way since 2014. I think this post was when I had started racing the predator. Out of the box. Only thing you could do was disconnect the governor and put on a pipe. Motor was sealed from the track. It worked fairly well for a while. They didn't have a tech man so you know what happened.

Not really , pepole still want the best fastest
"Legal" engine . And there is still no one rule set or organization to offer one .
SPG is close . Out of the box and on the kart lasted about as long as sunday morning after the race .

Two years here and still working the out of the box engine. Mainly because the track has made it very clear that if you get caught you get disciplined. First time two weeks off and posted for others to see. Second time banned from the class. All the racers know that's the way it is. We stay on top of it every night. We have taken 8 engines over two years and no problems. Knock on wood lol

Yes its all about the racers respecting the class and rules for what it is .
When the racers do that then it will go just fine .

Back