Cam ID question

Hunter82

Pulled this cam from a used engine I'm rebuilding. Basically all new parts except re-using bolt ons. The person I bought it from knew nothing about it but I got the following profile off of it. It seems to be very similar to a CL-4 but the numbers are a little different than what Dyno Cams publishes. Also, I do know the engine this cam came from was built sometime in 2017 or earlier so not sure if the CL-4 was around then. I welcome thoughts. The engine I'm considering using this in is intended for unrestricted NKA stock if that helps-looking at the profile it appears to be illegal for AKRA anyway on duration. Have been spending a lot of time here reading others posts and enjoying taking my knowledge to new heights. Thanks for any input!

Intake:
Opening (measured at .003) 29 BTDC
Close (measured at .003) 75 ABDC
MAX Lift=.2245
Centerline (measured at +/- .050 from max lift) 112.5
Duration @50 = 221
Duration @200= 79.5

Exhaust:
Opening (measured at .003) 68 BBDC
Closing (mesaured at .003) 38 ATDC
Max Lift .2305
Centerline (measured at +/- .050 from max lift) 104.5
Duration @50 = 220
Duration @200 = 90

I have the old crankshaft it came from and the intake centerline on it was at 111.0 Thus this new crankshaft moves the centerline higher by 1.5 degrees. Debating which to use on that also.

If the cam's legal for what you're doing, I don't get the problem. You trying to get the cam card for the ignition timing? It's probably about the same for any legal cam.

Sundog

If the cam's legal for what you're doing, I don't get the problem. You trying to get the cam card for the ignition timing? It's probably about the same for any legal cam.

Sundog

Its not a problem i was just trying to figure out what it was.

Back