Camber banked vs flat

So last year was our first year in karting running Jr3 with a TritonJr. We raced at two Southern Indiana tracks that were completely different.

We ran
Jennings County 1/5 mile with long swooping banked turns. We also ran Rockport. 1/10 mile with with tight flat turns.

Once set I never looked at out camber. I don’t see it being possible to have been setup right at both tracks.

Assuming a perfectly flat track with turns an average radius? Just generally speaking.
+ 1/4” LF - 1.0” RF ??

Go to phantomchassis.com , click on technical, then chassis setup sheets, you'll see yours.
LF 10 Caster and + 0.5 Camber
RF 13 Caster and - 2.5 Camber
I'm sure someone will chime in. Calling Phantom, works also.

So last year was our first year in karting running Jr3 with a TritonJr. We raced at two Southern Indiana tracks that were completely different.

We ran
Jennings County 1/5 mile with long swooping banked turns. We also ran Rockport. 1/10 mile with with tight flat turns.

Once set I never looked at out camber. I don’t see it being possible to have been setup right at both tracks.

Assuming a perfectly flat track with turns an average radius? Just generally speaking.
+ 1/4” LF - 1.0” RF ??
Sweeping turns VS tight doesn't make much difference with camber, maybe more LF camber for tight turns, Flat VS banked would have more effect but not as drastic as you show, banked may be 2.75 flat maybe 2.25 or some even 2.0.

Sweeping turns VS tight doesn't make much difference with camber, maybe more LF camber for tight turns, Flat VS banked would have more effect but not as drastic as you show, banked may be 2.75 flat maybe 2.25 or some even 2.0.
Last year I was at
+1/2” LF
-1 3/4 RF

Which is why I’m asking this question. We were better on the tight flat tack. I’m assuming this and my toe was effected.

Something I noticed running rockport last year was my RF trying to bury itself on the contact patch with relatively flat RF camber. Started on -1.75 on the RF, kart sucked bad. and next time went to -2.50 and it helped a ton. Track is tricky. Almost have to set it up for 1 and 2 and hang on for 3 and 4.

Something I noticed running rockport last year was my RF trying to bury itself on the contact patch with relatively flat RF camber. Started on -1.75 on the RF, kart sucked bad. and next time went to -2.50 and it helped a ton. Track is tricky. Almost have to set it up for 1 and 2 and hang on for 3 and 4.
Thanks for the reply. What class do you run?

I don't think Phantom ever recommends less than -2.5 on the RF of that kart. Correct me if wrong but almost no kart does. Lowest we've ever ran on anything was -2.0* I believe.

Back