Camber gain and what if we could also have KPI gain, something to ponder

paulkish

old fart
Camber gain and what if we could also have KPI gain because of not the turning of the steering wheel but the raising and lowering of the chassis at both the right and left fronts?

I think I have a way to do it.

I'm posting on here to hear if others think it might help ?

Just off the top of my head it might relate to bump steer and you could use it to dial in bump steer to be anything you wanted it to be.
proly just another dumb idea? ... :)

I'm thinking i'll get replies like: there ain't no need for it but what if it could be done, could you find some left field reason to use it?

I had a couple thoughts on this . Now the current thought is would it change the roll center with the lowering and raising of either corner ?
Is this a static adjustment or something that is used in motion ?

I thought in my first post it indicated this was not for a kart.
Butt after reading thru it It to me now reads like I intended it for a kart, which I did not.
I've been dreaming and thinking about using something new for a suspension for many years now and recent new info allowed me to think of more things which could be done with my suspension.

It started with thoughts of how a winged sprint car can have the rf wheel up in the air at 150 mph heading into a turn.
A few years back at a race I was lucky enough to have 6 or more sprint car hot shoe's lined up for a question.
The question I aske them was "Do you feel a bit insecure until you again have the rf under you heading into a corner.
Each and every one of them replied with a "yes".

The basic problem is when the rf is up in the air the chassis is underslung under the front axle and it's the chassis rail under the axle which limits downward movement of the rf tire. My idea would eliminate the restriction to downward movement.
It would also at the same time strengthen the rf which is the weakest point on chassis suspension.
Right now there ain't no sprint car driver with any brains who is going to get their rf involved in any sort of argument/altercation because they know better.
I think putting and keeping the rf on the track while at the same time strengthening the rf corner would be a win win.

My question is about if I do it it would also give the ability to have dynamic KPI gain the same as we now have so to speak, dynamic camber gain.
The difference would be all good because the KPI gain would be dependent on chassis travel, while camber gain is dependent on how much you turn the wheel. How you adjust in camber gain determines how much you get at degrees or turning.

... and this is the off topic section ain't it? ... :)

Back