camber question

T-roy

What is normal RF camber for a Seraph with a youth driver on a flat 1/10 mile dirt track? I have a feeling -2.75 is too much.

Are you having a problem with handling? Or just asking a question
Phantom recommends 2.75 to 3.00

My son raced a seraph. Setup and tires are critical. But once you get it. He will be fast.
Making grip in the tires is very important.

Getting the front correct on the Seraph is critical they require higher nose ( at least the fast few I've seen ) like 48% to 48.5 %, so since front is so critical IF track is indeed FLAT I would set RF camber at 2.5 * or even little less.

Are you having a problem with handling? Or just asking a question
Phantom recommends 2.75 to 3.00

My son raced a seraph. Setup and tires are critical. But once you get it. He will be fast.
Making grip in the tires is very important.
Loose on exit. Thinking about dropping it to -2 to -1.5. Used PRC's set up #'s.

Getting the front correct on the Seraph is critical they require higher nose ( at least the fast few I've seen ) like 48% to 48.5 %, so since front is so critical IF track is indeed FLAT I would set RF camber at 2.5 * or even little less.
Front % is 48, Track has no banking on 1 & 2 and some on 3 & 4. He is having to catch up with the back end coming through 2. Like the back tires hit ice.

Front % is 48, Track has no banking on 1 & 2 and some on 3 & 4. He is having to catch up with the back end coming through 2. Like the back tires hit ice.

Causing Your problem now is either to much front grip, to much rear stagger, or not enough LR grip so Dropping RF camber would make Loose off worse with everything else staying the same.
What are the rest of your numbers ? including cambers. What are your staggers front & rear ? What is rear track width set at with wheels on kart how far is RR inside of wheel off cassette hanger ? then also LR inside of wheel off cassette hanger ? Do all your tires Duro the same ? or is LR harder ?

When you say with PRC #'s. What were they actually?
Racing Promoter has some good questions add in the pills .
We ran ours at the PRC recommend 46.5-47 .

Move the LR in 1/8" to 1/4" or go to an 8.25" wide LR wheel should snug it up a bit on corner exit.
You could also add the air in the LR tire .5 PSI until she stops snapping loose.

I would leave the RF camber alone.

Move the LR in 1/8" to 1/4" or go to an 8.25" wide LR wheel should snug it up a bit on corner exit.
You could also add the air in the LR tire .5 PSI until she stops snapping loose.

I would leave the RF camber alone.

Don't see how any advise can be given out without knowing more details, you say just put an 8.25" wheel on the LR that wheel only has a 3" back set, an 8.5" has a 3.5" back set so if that's all he does the tire patch on the LR is now 1/2" out further so that's not the answer, Add air to the LR suppose his LR is now 8 pts harder than the rest without a softer LR that added air pressure yes will increase cross but will only give less grip over taking the cross adjustment so not the answer, move the LR hub in, suppose his RR is 1.25 " off the cassette not the answer Plus if his rear stagger is extreme moving the LR is just a band aid effect because of it's effect on stagger, proper rear stagger with LR hub at proper location will end up much faster so again not the answer. The only thing suggested that helps is If everything else is close and the LR now is set 1" or more from the inside of wheel to cassette hanger, then you have to know if the pills are correct ( which I will not know ) but pretty sure flattop will. Bottom line we need more details before ANYONE can give advise with any confidence that will cure it.
I apologize for sounding critical not my intent but as Earl usually does as well pointing out giving advise without knowing all details can make things worse, then the OP is just more confused and frustrated.

Usually not enough cross will cause a loose off on a Seraph. That is one reason moving the left rear in will help.

Your correct adding cross will usually help and not only on a Seraph any chassis, however that also depends on EVERYTHING else being close and only cross is on the low side with in the set up, and even then only cures it if it's a minor issue this sounds more extreme so sounds like his current set-up has other issues, which only until he post all details will we know that.

If the kart had too much camber, you would see a push on entry/center.

Remember, corner entry = front end. Corner exit = rear end

If it is loose on exit, I would be more inclined to lower rear stagger or add cross weight to the kart

Lot of good info coming to me real fast. You guys are awesome. All help is help. I been in racing long time. Karts Im new. I know what info will help and which wont. Anything said may trigger me to get better at this. Im real busy so I will figure out what I want to post, and what I don't, I will PM you guys. I will get by myself tonight & take advantage of this while you guys are willing to help. I don't have everything in my brain. Written down. Getting old and I type slow. LOL.

Last edited:
Hey guys, we didn't run that kart this weekend, but used all the help on the other kart and picked up a whole lot. I know its trial & error. He has raced 5 or 6 races and off less Than 0.5 sec. On the lead lap on a very small indoor track. So thanks to everyone who chimed in to help. This is the only forum I use & trust in years.

Back