Camshaft info

Tytm97

Just curious if anyone may have any idea what/who that R59 cam is or if it's custom not sure, and also have that PC235 cam if anyone runs one of those curious on how it ran? Any help is appreciated thanks guys.. BTW accumulated these 2 cams with a bunch of other parts for little to nothing

Attachments

• 20231223_210544.jpg
    20231223_210544.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20231223_210329.jpg
    20231223_210329.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 55
The PC235 is up there with the Dyno126 grind and will definitely haul the mail! Both are great for limited modifieds on long tracks.

I'd be interested in buying that R59 cam from you if you use PayPal?

Sorry i didnt get a notification to your reply but cool thanks for the info man and sorry but I can't sale it I am guilty of being a hoarder 😂😂 do you by chance know the target RPM for the r59 cam?? I have had luck for that info on the pc235

I suspect that's a "B59" rather than "R" but I have no info on it to help you.
If you are knowledgeable on measuring the lobe lift and finding the centerlines, you can pretty much tell the suggested rpm range for the cam by comparing it to other known cams that are similar. Lobe lift can easily be measured with mics or even a dial caliper -- measure toe to heel (long side) of the lobe, then subtract the short side from that. That will give you gross lift of the lobes. Finding centerlines is considerably harder without mounting it in a lathe or putting it in a block with a degree wheel on the thing.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

You could turn 10,000 rpm with that cam if you wanted to. It lacks some lift compared to some like the 126 but has every bit of duration, and a 105 intake centerline is all about top end. You should turn it at least 9600 or you'll be leaving some power untapped.

Back