Can I compete?

gforceman2

Considering a return to karting with a champ kart. 425 lb Animal or Clone. Im 6'4" and weigh 230. Is there a realistic chance of competing on the local level...East TN? As was the case years ago...being big hurt me as I was always way over total weight because of lead needed to get scale #'s.

Be honest..I dont want to invest time and $$ and then be running mid pack every week with newer equipment and correct tire/prep combo!

thnx

You should need around 25lbs of weight...dont see why you couldnt get the #'s on with that and moving things around...the rest is getting up on the wheel.

Considering a return to karting with a champ kart. 425 lb Animal or Clone. Im 6'4" and weigh 230. Is there a realistic chance of competing on the local level...East TN? As was the case years ago...being big hurt me as I was always way over total weight because of lead needed to get scale #'s.

Be honest..I dont want to invest time and $$ and then be running mid pack every week with newer equipment and correct tire/prep combo!

thnx

Hey bud I'm 6'5 240 and run champ 425 clones and I'm very competitive. .. had only been out of the top 3 once shop far and I just started back racing last year. ... the guys I run with are all heavier and just or thoughts it helps us with bite. ...idk if it's true but we all run champ heavy then turn around and run with the champ lights to. ... go for it man you won't be disappointed

You should need around 25lbs of weight...dont see why you couldnt get the #'s on with that and moving things around...the rest is getting up on the wheel.

Champs typically weigh around 190 to 200 pounds race ready. so you'll either be 5 pounds under or 5 pounds over the heavy weight with zero extra ballast added. I'll say right now you're facing an uphill battle with your weight.

Im in the same boat, 5'8 235 and run winged outlaw karts with bp clone power. our weight is 425 and in order to get my # even close to make it work at all I'm rolling across at 495. I haven't won in the dozen or so races I have ran in this class but I've been running up front

New to this hobby and havent purchased a cart yet. I too will be in the heavy class I assume, 6' 230lbs. Why the champ cart over a regular cart though? Im also in East TN.

You will be fine in the champ kart.

The bigger driver seems to struggle more in the flat kart. For whatever reason, the champ kart cage kinda cancels that out. Im 6'2, 225 and can run as competitive as anyone in my champs.

Where you will struggle a little bit, is high grip pavement or indoor coke syrup racing, but just running dirt, your weight will not hurt you

Back