can someone please explain.......

i could see where that would be an issue. but wouldn't the abrasiveness of the track knock off the loose stuff and allow the tire to stick??
if a tire and track make a noise as you suggested, trust me theres no abrasiveness in that track at that time

"Treaded tires are somewhat excluded from cutting and prepping.
Wrong. We cut and prep treaded tires on a weekly basis through our shop. Cut treads are TONS faster in stock and underpowered classes (up to about 25 CHP or so.) Cutting and prepping still goes on, but now is considerably more time intensive and thus expensive. The tires themselves are considerably more expensive, so now you've got a set of tires that are at least $100/set more than the current prepared slick tires (which would still be faster.)"

My treads are cheap. Were a set of half used up 11's that I cut grooves in. No prep during the week, just a wipe at the track. Been on the same set for three years now.
Going to try grooving a set of Maxxis and see how they work next

Rather than finding what your looking for out of your tires maybe find a way to stiffen the chassis some more to hold up better to the higher hp. Then again track size means everything and you may have too much power which I know you can never have too much but if your looking for more grip to keep it under control maybe dial the power back and work more with the setup and tires. There's plenty of ways to become faster without the stickiest tires even with 50hp.

I never felt therre was any difference in the setup of our UAS vs. KT100 piped when using slicks. Getting absolute maximum grip on the right side balanced front and rear at the apex of the turn is still the same. Tweaks to get in and out of the turns remain the same.

Tread tires were common but slicks were becoming the norm when we started karting. Treads wore much more quickly than slicks. Sometimes only a couple races on a set. I guess, compared to the cost of doping and cutting that is the normal now replacing after two or three races is about the same.

DK

Because kart tracks are smooth and designed to lay rubber. Treads would KILL roll speed on hard fast tracks. Also, karts don’t have wheel spin like big cars (clone & predator classes at least). And I don’t view karts as a spectator sport. We race karts to see who can be the absolute fastest, and treaded tires don’t achieve that.
Come to Newton, IA! The other night I couldnt even find a place to stand around the track let alone sit in the stands!

Come to Newton, IA! The other night I couldnt even find a place to stand around the track let alone sit in the stands!
That part of the world is SPECIAL, they love their racing. Used to spend a lot of time there at Al Parker’s back in 2014. Was just at the Knoxville Nationals a couple weeks ago. This Mississippi boy has a big soft spot for that part of the world!

That part of the world is SPECIAL, they love their racing. Used to spend a lot of time there at Al Parker’s back in 2014. Was just at the Knoxville Nationals a couple weeks ago. This Mississippi boy has a big soft spot for that part of the world!

Do you go to the world finals at Charlotte too? Lord willing i'll be there again this year. I have the 4 best seats in the house on the sprint pit side without having to be indoors. ... :)

Do you go to the world finals at Charlotte too? Lord willing i'll be there again this year. I have the 4 best seats in the house on the sprint pit side without having to be indoors. ... :)
Never been to World Finals but it’s definitely on the list. My boys Greg McCormick and Dusty Zomer won a prelim night few years back, in the BWW 82 car. Hate I missed that. I go to a lot of Ole Miss football games, so the fall is always so hard to pick and chose what to do.

Haven’t read all replies but thought of this. Running 4 wide through turn 1 and 2. My daughter is in the pink. They came down the straight 3 wide then she butted in. Came out the leader on the other side. All 4 karts are on slicks.

Attachments

• 2184133A-770C-42C6-94F7-451761BE7A31.jpeg
    2184133A-770C-42C6-94F7-451761BE7A31.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 28
I rember you sending me that pic JACOBSDAD! That's an awesome pic! Hope the season is going good for yall! Shoot me text sometime bud!

Back