Can we see your race computer . . .

IRQVET

Recently picked up the Alfano 6 and its my first race computer. I was going through the menu selctions on what to display; RPM, best time, target lap time, speedo, lap counter, predicted time, temp, etc.

It kinda got me thinking. I wonder how other 4 stoke folks are setting theirs up? What important, what is unless data for 4 stoke? Etc.

Lets see what you got! Alfano, MyChron, whatever you've got . . . less interested in the computer you choose, and more interested in what data you find useful on your display.

Last edited:
Mychrons are not customizable display, so no need to ask most folks. As stated, most 4 cycle guys can get away with temp and rpm. Everything else is personal preference. For my Alfano, I set up the LEDs to be differential G/R compared to my fastest lap. And then I have last lap and fastest overall lap. Might be too much on the screen, but I'm a data guy.

I was playing with the light set up last nice, adjusting it (Red-Green-Red) according to the RPM range listed on the Briggs tech website for 206 maximum HP vs RPM. I'm in the green when I hit maximum HP. So mine will flash red when I'm below, and it will also flash to red as I get closer to hitting the rev limiter and my HP falls off.

I'm playing around with mine trying to see what works vs. what doesn't.

Wasn't aware the Mychron wasn't customizable like the Alfano.

Last edited:
1. lap times are single most important. will tell you if what your doing is right or wrong.
2 max rpm if your in the right gear. in predator a tooth in the rear equates to around 100 rpm
also see where your clutch is at
3 RPM drop in the corners (diagnose driving and gearing)
4 temp depends on what you race I only run temp on a flat head with adjustable fuel screw.
5 we download our info into the computer to keep a record and you can use it to map your engine torque curve if you keep a log of conditions and set ups will help you down the road

One of the nicest functions of the Mychron 5 is the graph showing your RPM off the corner, and this is becoming a very nice tool to be using.
The lateral grip graph is interesting as well.

Back