Can we start a new class with these?

These things are amazing looking in person.

Chris Harris is riding on the white big wheel in the video.

Anyone wanting more info on them should contact him.

What if we just put the pvc pipe sleeves on kart tires on our rear axles and went to a parking lot? Same result? Makes you wonder... :D

I'd rather see one of these with a pocketbike front tire and a KT-100 powerplant...and no pvc anywhere. If you don't have enough hp to break the rears free, then get another engine.

I'd rather see one of these with a pocketbike front tire and a KT-100 powerplant...and no pvc anywhere. If you don't have enough hp to break the rears free, then get another engine.

I built one of these and they deffinately don't need any power to drift, there are actually some guys doing down hill drifting with them with no motor. Too much motor and they won't hardly even go they'll just be doing a plastic burnout ;). They are a lot of fun until you hit the curb and bend an axle and bruise your ribs, still worth it yhough

I'd LOVE to see some videos!

Looks like great fun but limited venue. Abandoned parking lots? Driveways? Other than that I'm guessing private roads and subdivisions but that gets dangerous quick. What happens on dirt and grass?

Look on you tube you'll find a bunch of videos, I have videos and pics of mine on my old phone but the screen is busted badly and it hasn't been turned on in close to a year. A buddy and I made it together, we made it out of a big tire american choppers bicycle and an old kart rear end with a box stock project motor, it was a blast. We rode it in parking lots and around his neighborhood. Another friend of ours crashed it pretty good and we got preoccupied with other projects and it's sitting crumpled up collecting dust in his shop. It would move forward well at all on grass never tried dirt but I assume it would be a similar outcome.

No, no, I mean it should break the tires loose with no pvc on 'em....if not = not enough hp. :) Not a "drift trike", but a trike that's drifting... FWIW, I did this as a college kid in 2002 with a Royce Union big wheel and beanie caps duct taped on the plastic rear wheels to run indoors on a tile floor with no damage...fun times.

Oh ok I gotcha, yea that would be cool. I used to have an old atc250r that would drift pretty good on any surface ;). Sounds like you know how to have a little fun too ha ha, I wonder if my wife would mind if I did that on her new floors. I better leave that one alone or I might be sleeping on the floor lol.

Man Flash, them old 250R's were a blast back in the younger days, finding one in mint condition these days is rare, and they cost a fortune to be an old Honda 3wheeler lol. Could ride wheelies for miles on them, put a good pipe/muffler, air filter and rejet the carb and its a beast to ride. I'd love to find another one in decent shape with the original engine for a winter project!

I found one on eBay about 4yrs ago for a buddy of mine who'd been wanting another one for while. The guy that owned it must've had $15000 in it, Eddie sanders 330 kit, large tank, custom paint, everything(I mean everything chromed even bolts), +10" chrome swing arm, paddles on rear, smooth buff on front, even the brake calipers are chromed. It's a very stunning trike, he ended with about $6000 in it bought paid for and shipped from California. Oh yeah, and it's a beast it out ran me on my kx450 in a drag race several times, every time he shifted he would pull a length on me.

Man Flash, them old 250R's were a blast back in the younger days, finding one in mint condition these days is rare, and they cost a fortune to be an old Honda 3wheeler lol. Could ride wheelies for miles on them, put a good pipe/muffler, air filter and rejet the carb and its a beast to ride. I'd love to find another one in decent shape with the original engine for a winter project!

My cousin bought one new ATC250R, got the worse skinning in my life on it lol, im glad the 3 wheelers are gone, I owned one of these
Us90.jpg

Almost killed my brother on it, but I told him to LEAN the way I did so it was his fault

I'm deffinately not glad the three wheelers are gone, driving in a car down the road is much, much much more dangerous and that's a very true fact. Trampolines hurt more people a year then three wheelers, I love three wheelers, dirt bikes, racing quads, karts etc etc. they're all ridiculously fun and all dangerous. If honda came out with a new 250r atc I would buy one.

Back