Cancer?

I'm living with cancer and only get queued in every three months on how my PSA is doing on drugs given.
Only good of it is I was told by the #1 urologist in the country/world per what ever stats they happen to use, that at my age something other then the cancer will kill me.

Sort of scary wondering how the cancer in the future may dibilate me to the point something else kills me. ... :)

In the mean time be happy and treat it all like it's no big deal and we all will one day with luck and living right as best we can do, meet our maker.

My sister died yesterday of cancer, she lived at least 7 years longer then she would have if this happened say, 50 years ago. Progress made in cancer treatment prolongs life and I fully appreciate the dedicated doctors and researchers that allowed her to live and love just a little bit longer.
I do agree. I lost my brother to cancer 3 years ago (he was 44). I lost my dad to cancer when I was 11 (he was 42). Big progress between both cases. My brother was "lucky" to have some extra years that allowed him to be a father. Of course nothing is perfect and I do think they could invest more on research and other but this is in no way doctor's or researchers fault, and has nothing to do with other health issues like the current virus situation. I think most people working in Health related jobs do their best with what they have available. Is that enough, do they always have enough resources? Of course not. i am a teacher. Do I always have all the resources or everything I need? Am I always placed in the best situation to help my students? Of course not. Does this make me a bad teacher? I don't think so. Do I push the system to improve? Yes. I try to be a pain in the a... is I think the system is not doing the best for the students as I know most people working in the Health system do. Cancer has messed my life on multiple times, not just my brother or father, but I have also lost many close relatives and friends. Still don't take this C virus lightly. As many of you know Spain is the country I came from and the situation is terrible right now over there. I have friends and family directly affected by the virus, not just people of old age, but young too, and the whole country is in Quarantine. Never ever since the Middle Ages or more recently the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939) has Spain lived a situation like this, they are even unable to properly bury those who die and the army has had to take control of any kind of services the regular people in charge couldn't.

Last edited:
I'm proceeding under the advice of my local urologist and what may be the #1 urologist in the world.

Part of my surgery was allowing, because it was explained to me i'm the ideal case for research, my surgeon to use what was removed from me for his cancer research. I don't think he's into the research for the money. If anything it's wanting to find something to do good in helping patients and future patience and if anything of it is personal then it's for his own career prestige. He doesn't have to be in it to be #1. Maybe to maintain the position but for the money, I think not unless the money is to further his research.

Remember,

"a patient cured is a customer lost"
This is a bunch of crap and I am deeply offended by this post. As stated previously my sister recently died from cancer. She is the best person that I know to have ever walked this earth. I am certain that the dedicated work of Doctors and Researchers allowed me to have the pleasure of her company for years longer then could have happened years ago. Cancer is not a single disease, there are dozens of variations. Thousands of dedicated people work their very best to extend the life of those effected. May God help them in their efforts.

Trusting the skills and knowledge your surgeon is different then trusting the morals of your surgeon.

I was asked to donate what was removed from me to a national research project but what they ask me to sign did not say anything more then what was necessary for my surgery would not be removed. It flat out DID NOT SAY they would not remove from me something needed for research but not necessairly needed to complete my surgery. I refused it because it could not be satisfactory presented to me about them not taking something just for the sake of research.

But just prior to surgery my surgeon came in and asked if I would sign for him to use what he removed from me for his own personal research project. I said yes and signed. Ain't no way i'm going to tell someone who is about to put me under the knife in less then an hour, .... no. ... :)

The national research project in California might very well have been his research project too. I don't know, will never know nor do I care if I know or not anymore.

This is a bunch of crap and I am deeply offended by this post. As stated previously my sister recently died from cancer. She is the best person that I know to have ever walked this earth. I am certain that the dedicated work of Doctors and Researchers allowed me to have the pleasure of her company for years longer then could have happened years ago. Cancer is not a single disease, there are dozens of variations. Thousands of dedicated people work their very best to extend the life of those effected. May God help them in their efforts.

That’s ok, plenty of people get offended on the internet.

I’m sorry to hear about your sister. I’ve also lost family to cancer. An uncle, 2 grandparents, and currently have 2 other immediate and extended family members battling cancer.

With that being said...I still stand by my statement

That’s ok, plenty of people get offended on the internet.

I’m sorry to hear about your sister. I’ve also lost family to cancer. An uncle, 2 grandparents, and currently have 2 other immediate and extended family members battling cancer.

With that being said...I still stand by my statement
Just curious, in what other idiotic conspiracy theories do you believe? Your moronic, perhaps paranoid views may be quite entertaining to those of us that are reasonably minded.

Just curious, in what other idiotic conspiracy theories do you believe? Your moronic, perhaps paranoid views may be quite entertaining to those of us that are reasonably minded.
I apologize to you for my latest comment. I rarely feel the need to respond to half wits. Sorry.

Hope you are not gonna start discussing the moon landing either. One of my uncles who worked and lead a NASA station in Spain was supposed to be one of the 1st people to hear Armstrong´s famous words since the signal was sent 1st to Spain because of the situation of that station and from then resent to the rest of the World. It was always funny when some ignorant tried to discuss with him (PhD on Physics, Stanford, CA), or question those kind of things. Unfortunately people tend to believe more someone trying to sell stories to make a living than researchers.

Back