Carb Choice?

Patrick

I am looking for advice on what carb to use on my Predator 212 (non Hemi) build. It is going in a racing mower that runs on a dirt oval track that is about 460 feet long. I have a Makuni 22mm but it was suggested on the old site that it would be too big.
Here are the details of my build:
stock crank
Arc long rod
Wiesco piston, milled, currently 0.020" above deck, may take it out and drop to zero deck
0.042" copper head gasket
14cc head (cc'ed it), ported and polished with stock size SS valves
26 lbs springs and AL retainers
Black Mamba JR cam
choice of stock or 1.3:1 stamped rocker arms
Head and side cover studs
Arc flywheel (still have to purchase, will get the new one with advanced timing)
Would like to stick with gas, I can get Race gas, but alky would be tougher to find.
I run on a private track, just for fun, in the Open class, so anything goes as far as engine mods.

Thanks,
Patrick

I would look in to one Dover" s stock appearing carbs . Might be just wright size for what your doing .

Defiantly run that Mikuni with 130-135 mj 17.5 pilot............. start w/needle2nd notch from; top floats level. and hang on..........might also try 1.3 rocker on Intake side 0 deck ht.

I use those 22MM chi-Mikuni's on a lot of motors and they work well from HS50's to highly modded Clones. The oval slide gives you more gradual opening that a conventional round slide. (like the VM24) It is a more linear operation rather than a abrupt transition.

I use those 22MM chi-Mikuni's on a lot of motors and they work well from HS50's to highly modded Clones. The oval slide gives you more gradual opening that a conventional round slide. (like the VM24) It is a more linear operation rather than a abrupt transition.

This is a kart site not minibikes .LOL

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I should at least give the mikkuni a try first since I already have it. Thanks for the jet suggustions. I will pull the piston back out and take another 0.020" off it. Zero deck was my original goal, just didn't want to take too much off on the first try. Sorry, but I have to buy my own parts, so "just get a big block" doesn't cut it. I do have a new 10hp diesel if I need more torque!

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I should at least give the mikkuni a try first since I already have it. Thanks for the jet suggustions. I will pull the piston back out and take another 0.020" off it. Zero deck was my original goal, just didn't want to take too much off on the first try. Sorry, but I have to buy my own parts, so "just get a big block" doesn't cut it. I do have a new 10hp diesel if I need more torque!
Defiantly run that Mikuni with 130-135 mj 17.5 pilot............. start w/needle2nd notch from; top floats level. and hang on..........might also try 1.3 rocker on Intake side 0 deck ht. Cheap --carb under $30 ebay If u don't like it you can change, ez tune, millions of parts, & they work and they stay in the gook family so no inbreeding just need a manifold and if u choose wisely can use it for other applications sorry; YOU already have Carb why change flywheel???? just set timing correctly to 32*

Last edited:
Back