Carb flange

That suprises me that getting a good flowing carb for a plate motor will have any difference. It may flow great through the carb but the moment it hits the resticotor plate the flow is gonna messed with because it will have to go through a small hole. I am new to the plate motors so I dont know anything about them that is just my thinking. You guys know alot more than I do on plate motors so correct me if I am wrong.

With a plate carb, we're not as interested in the air flow as we are in fuel signal. Throttle shaft offset, butterfly, short stem, and more.
It takes considerably more work/effort/time to build a great plate carb/motor as it does an unrestricted.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

But if you are in a pinch and have to use a unrestricted carb in a plate motor you can change the jets so you can make the show. Recommended probably not but it works

With a plate carb, we're not as interested in the air flow as we are in fuel signal. Throttle shaft offset, butterfly, short stem, and more.
It takes considerably more work/effort/time to build a great plate carb/motor as it does an unrestricted.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden,

Last edited:
Back