Carb leaking

Got a brand new Predator 212 and installed a stage 1 kit and now it's leaking gas from behind the carb. Looks to be leaking from the black plastic piece that connects the carb to the motor. Complete newbie just looking for some help. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• PXL_20210510_183322233.jpg
    PXL_20210510_183322233.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 102
All gaskets in place as they should be?

Also double check to make sure not to overtighten the carb and crack the insulator.

You can't always be to sure that a new engine always has gaskets in place as they should. I picked up a brand new predator last week that had two head gaskets stacked on top each other.

I'd suggest removing the carb, inspecting the insulator and installing new gaskets. Since this is not a karting application where rules apply I'd not be afraid to double up on gasket between the head and insulator and insulator and carb.

You can't always be to sure that a new engine always has gaskets in place as they should. I picked up a brand new predator last week that had two head gaskets stacked on top each other.

I'd suggest removing the carb, inspecting the insulator and installing new gaskets. Since this is not a karting application where rules apply I'd not be afraid to double up on gasket between the head and insulator and insulator and carb.
It was the gasket where the float bowl goes on. The thin black rubber gasket wasn't seated correctly. It no longer leaks. Huge thanks for the help

Check your idle jet. Clean it out real good. Got trash in mine and it was blowing gas out the breather hole in the back. Ran some carb cleaner through it and fixed it.

Back