Carb options

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
it will be clear i still don't know what i'm doing, but i'm learning...
PZ carb that is standard on briggs motors VS carb from Pred or clone/ honda.. which flows better and gets the motor the best results..

this will be stock appearing application !
so if we could choose from any of the stock carbs that look stock from the outside... which preforms the best.. OH Long, fast open high (18*) banked track. 1/6 mile

The slide type carb will out perform the throttle blade carb every time. That is assuming they are comparable in size. The PZ and comparable carbs have variable venturi's and the main jet is variable via the tapered needle.

A World Formula carb looks like an Animal carb but it's bigger. If they allow the clones to use a carb off a bigger engine then you should be able to do the same with your Animal. Both the Animal and the Wf can be bored out even bigger.
I do lots of both of these and also have a SA manifold that will allow you to put the WF carb on an Animal head.
For even more performance i'd use a big valve WF head and WF Carb on methanol of course.
A big bore and stroker kit will really turn your crank.:)

The slide type carb will out perform the throttle blade carb every time. That is assuming they are comparable in size. The PZ and comparable carbs have variable venturi's and the main jet is variable via the tapered needle.

Not every time....tillotson carbs have butterfly or throttle blade and almost always out perform the slide carbs in dirt oval racing on modified engines, or you wouldn't see limited and open modifieds using tillotsons instead of slide carbs just about everywhere in the country....

In this case I would agree though that the slide carbs are much better than the clone and predator carbs though and should flow a good bit more simply because they are a good bit bigger than thr clone and predator carb. The animal carb I believe is 22mm, while the clone carb is closer to 18mm if even that big. World formula carb is even bigger at 26mm and should out flow all of the others mentioned. The clone and predator are way under carbed compared to an animal, using a gx390 carb on the clone/predator is very close to the stock carb on the animal, I believe the 390 carb is actually still smaller than the 22mm animal carb, the gx390 carbs are usually 21mm but some of the clone 390 carbs out there are 22-23mm also, so it really depends on which one you use.

Back