Carb question

Could the answer be anything to do with "relative air density" ? 🙂

“Relative. Density”, can you explain that to me? I understand air density, I just don’t know what it’s relative to.

I totally understand relative humidity, but I don’t understand how that Term can be applied to air density.

Yeah, but really Kat, do you think that guy knows anything about pressure differentials or air movement. Hmmmm............
I don't know! I just know that he is a super smart guy that Ford Racing thought he knew enough about physics to hire him to oversee the building off their racing engines. Definitely smarter than most people on this blog.
I have a physics background also.
I understand exactly how it works!
I agree with him. As far as sucking, that is a term that is never mentioned in Physics. But at term used by humans everyday.
Think of drinking through a straw. All you do is create a low pressure in your mouth, and the atmospheric pressure pushes the liquid up the straw. BUT we call it sucking on a straw. That is my only point.

“Relative. Density”, can you explain that to me? I understand air density, I just don’t know what it’s relative to.

I totally understand relative humidity, but I don’t understand how that Term can be applied to air density.
relative.... related....etc....a meaningless descriptive word used in a failed attempt at humor...🤣

relative.... related....etc....a meaningless descriptive word used in a failed attempt at humor...🤣
"Relative" I know what that means, and I do appreciate your humor, but some highly regarded people on this forum, use the term occasionally and I can't see where they're trying to be humorous. I, in fact, get the impression they're in this and is a and in and in and in a in and in and being quite serious.

And yet, ......................... still no definition!

rel·a·tive hu·mid·i·ty

/ˈrelədiv (h)yo͞oˈmidədē/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. the amount of water vapor present in air expressed as a percentage of the amount needed for saturation at the same temperature.

2. Water vapor drastically affects the ability of an internal combustion engine to produce hp.

"Relative" I know what that means, and I do appreciate your humor, but some highly regarded people on this forum, use the term occasionally and I can't see where they're trying to be humorous. I, in fact, get the impression they're in this and is a and in and in and in a in and in and being quite serious.

And yet, ......................... still no definiti

And yet, ......................... still no definition!
Way too serious?...quite imo...for a board designed for the discussion of your basic single cylinder powered go karts that is...so many times the conversations tend to evolve into pissing contests about who knows more about dissecting the likes of the entrails of thermo-nuclear weapons....so I try to interject a little clueless humor to try to lighten things up a bit....many times in vain...🥴

I totally agree with spin cycle. So here is my attempt at humor

Definition of relative:
Your cousin, brother, sister, mother,father, aunt,uncle,nephew, niece, and their spouse and children.

But only the ones that don't use the word suck.

There is a bar in Murrells Inlet, SC.
The name of the bar is
Suck Bang Blow
The owner says it is an description of how an internal combustion engine works. The founder's father was an airplane mechanic in WWII

https://suckbangblow.com
https://threeringfocus.com/case-studies/case-study-suck-bang-blow/ read the fun facts.
Man this post got way too serious!
I am going to re-read my entire Thermo dynamics book.

There is a bar in Murrells Inlet, SC.
The name of the bar is
Suck Bang Blow
The owner says it is an description of how an internal combustion engine works. The founder's father was an airplane mechanic in WWII
Back to basics the Suck Bang Blow better shows how it works.
Compression and Ignition are really one about how much bang you get out of it.
Even if your looking for a problem it would be better to look at Suck Bang Blow first, with the four strokes being too complex.
In fact it's really all about bang.

Back