Carb

So JRPW and Dover power both sell blueprinted predator carbs. I want a carb that is 100% Legal. I have heard that at the local track they are doing no go gaues on the carbs. You can run whatever jets you want at the track. The do use no go gauges and then make sure it is stock carb. I want to get the most out of the engine while being legal. Will these carbs pass tech? They aren't using clone no go gauges but instead one made for stock predator carb. The last thing I want is to be chucked for an illegal carb. I don't cheat and don't want anything to do with cheaters. If these carbs wont pass tech then I wont run em. I do all the work on my motor so I am always confident that I can pass tech but since I don't know anything about these carbs I am not wanting to run the risk of being chucked without 100% insurance that it will pass tech.

Unfortunately no one is giving any absolutely will pass tech .
The best you will get is it passed tech when we sent it out .
You could get tossed for a completely stock untouched carb just as easy .
First thing you need to know is the measurements for the no go gauge or gauges that will be used then talk with either builder .

In theory legal would be what you get right out out of the box. The carb guys know what is passable for stock dimensions in most cases and wont violate those parameters but do know other little areas that can be improved.

By definition all "blueprinting" engine components, in this case carburetor, is ensuring that the tolerances, clearances and materials are set to a specified standard. If you're blueprinting to stock then there isn't going to be a whole lot of changing that happens besides perhaps cleaning up some casting deficiencies the carb may have.

I think flattop1 said it best...knowing the guidelines tech is going off of and ensuring your carb is within those guidelines is your best option, in my opinion anyway....

In reality though, the gains you'll see from a "blueprinted" stock carb is going to be negligible at best. I mean all things being equal, if you had a larger meal than the person next to you then they'll likely be slightly faster based off of the extra weight alone...your (stock) carb isn't going to win or lose a race for you...stock anyway.

So JRPW and Dover power both sell blueprinted predator carbs. I want a carb that is 100% Legal. I have heard that at the local track they are doing no go gaues on the carbs. You can run whatever jets you want at the track. The do use no go gauges and then make sure it is stock carb. I want to get the most out of the engine while being legal. Will these carbs pass tech? They aren't using clone no go gauges but instead one made for stock predator carb. The last thing I want is to be chucked for an illegal carb. I don't cheat and don't want anything to do with cheaters. If these carbs wont pass tech then I wont run em. I do all the work on my motor so I am always confident that I can pass tech but since I don't know anything about these carbs I am not wanting to run the risk of being chucked without 100% insurance that it will pass tech.
Are you talking about the etudes or anywhere a carb can be poked with a pin gage?

Back