Carb ?

Boostedego

What carb would be sufficent enough for a predator 212 with cleaned up rtc 6 head billet rod and flywheel and 308 cam with 102 cl ? Thanks in advance.

That would depend on a lot of factors. Head flow and rpm range needed is important. I have seen flow numbers vary a huge amount in worked heads. You want enough flow to support the port, and the rpm range..however, too much carb and it will be lazy. I would expect a good SA carb would be fine. With that said, most SA carbs flow in the mid to upper 50's (at 28 inches vacuum), the SA carbs I build start at around 58cfm and go up to 71cfm... It would be best to know whats needed, but I would expect mid 60's to be a very good number.

I see you posted that you have a gx390 carb too.. just a FYI, they flow around 90cfm@28 inches. I doubt you need that much flow.. what we have found is..if you are on a momentum track (like not on and off the throttle a lot..and not a lot of rpm drop) it will do fine.. however, if you drop rpms much, a well matched carb will make faster laps.. (especially on the start and restarts)

Yes i realized that about the 390 carb after the fact and but you live and you learn. I have a 615 carb now but im not happy with it, How would a mikuni 24 mm flat slide perform ive heard and researched alot of people have had alot of success with them?

I cant give any info on that.. I build a lot of SA carbs and 390's.... they do all I need, so that's all I build..sorry I cant help there.

Never had it on the track, but im running a 28mm round slide mikuni on my pred, hemi block, rtc 8 head mild port work, shaved .045, bsp3 cam, 26lb valve springs, no billet. Made an intake to match the carb, port to port, didnt need to adjust jet size, just the needle, runs alot better then the stock .615. Idle isnt perfect but that was expected, throttle response and power are great. Dont know the flow #'s of carb or head. Im sure others will have better input as far as running these carbs.

Thanks for the info definetely looking for something that has great pick up and can get up in the rpms were i want, and easy to tune .

Think im going to be going with 22 or 24mm mikuni with 14 cc ported head and 308 cam with 102cl for my next setup it should be very responsive as ill be on and off the gas alot and get me up in the rpms where i want to be unless someone has something better i should be using lol ?

I cant give any info on that.. I build a lot of SA carbs and 390's.... they do all I need, so that's all I build..sorry I cant help there.

Do any of your carbs work for what i need something that can get me up to 7000 + rpms but still very responsive with acceleration?

I build a lot of them... I do SA carb on gas and meth.. I only do 390 carbs on meth.

Lol i guess a sa carb for gas would work for me im currently running a 14cc head ported with stock predator ss valves im running a mod 2 cam but will be switching to a 308 cam with 102 cl and 26 lb springs can i check out your carbs anywhere or do you just build to spec ?

Back