Carbon Fiber Seat

DJ_Shuman62

I used one all last season on a local track level and won 5 races a track championship and 2 track records. I also raced on a small bull ring style track though. I would say IMO it made no diffrence. It was worth the $ to save the weight. Hope this helps even though I'm NO expert.

S&MRacing

Heck no. I've been using one all season and I love it. If made properly it will have the same weight transfer characteristics as a fiberglass, just more durability and less weight. I'm more about the durability since I have to add 100+ of weight...no cracks, even when wheel hopped.

idragit

Heck no. I've been using one all season and I love it. If made properly it will have the same weight transfer characteristics as a fiberglass, just more durability and less weight. I'm more about the durability since I have to add 100+ of weight...no cracks, even when wheel hopped.

Whats the price for one? And where to get them? I have a lot of weight on my sons and Im interested for the same reason

DJ_Shuman62

I have a lightning light grabber carbon fiber on my kart. I had bought it used but you can buy them from Lightning Light. They are a little over 200 new i believe.

S&MRacing

Think there is a slight price break on them now. Every dealer has different pricing due to shipping. Either one of us can help you what you need. I love mine, wont use anything else!

Morton21

Are the select style CF seats identical to the actual select?

I'd hate to spend $200 on a seat and it not fit. The large select is tight, but fits nicely. Any smaller and it won't work.

S&MRacing

Are the select style CF seats identical to the actual select?

I'd hate to spend $200 on a seat and it not fit. The large select is tight, but fits nicely. Any smaller and it won't work.

Yes. I had a select and I was pretty cautious for this same reason with my body type, Fits dead on just like a select. Biggest difference is that its not flimsy like a select. I think I could get 6 races before I had to change out my seat due to cracks. Have just about a full season with my seat and there is no cracks...even with karts coming on my shoulder...If you liked the select you will love this!

My current price is $145 with the new price break. Kyle might be able to match this as well....Don't forget we also do other carbon fiber accessories also.

S&MRacing

Some photos

Attachments

• carbonfiberseat.jpg
    carbonfiberseat.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 196