Carburetor jets...

Hello everyone, I recently bought a Chinese pz-22 and it's jets absolutely suck at anything over 3500rpm. It's running lean I think. Anyways, I want to buy a jet kit but am not sure what jet kit would be compatible. Attached is a picture of the site on eBay where I bought the carb and the 2 jets.

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_070437.jpg
    IMG_20210422_070437.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210422_070434.jpg
    IMG_20210422_070434.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-09-27-261_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-09-27-261_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 34
Yeah they are for 110 to 125 but I read that you could use them for the briggs animal so that's what I was going to try and do. I just need to know which jets will fit that carb

do you think a china 30mm is a good idea?
No different then a chinese 22 mm .
As long as it doesn't leak and flows enough fuel .
Parts availability and quality of material , probably flow in cfm .
Circut sizes if your running methanol . Might be a concern .

This is just for a mini bike for fun. No methanol. Any idea where I could get a drill bit set that would include those sizes mentioned above?

Welding shop has tip drills that work . Hobby shop , hobby lobby, harbour freight .
Online retailer , granger , fastnal . A real good hardware store .
Also search reamers thats the best tool .

If it was advertised as a direct replacement for the Walbro PZ22 on an animal carb, don't be so sure that it will work.
I bought one of those just to see what they were like (quality, etc.) I think I gave $15 total for it shipped to my door. It was considerably smaller than 22mm, and although it physically bolts up to the animal intake, there's no way that this carb would handle a 206's demand on air or fuel. Realistically, the 22mm is too small from the factory.
You can try drilling your carb jets, but I still think it'll be a waste of time. Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If it was advertised as a direct replacement for the Walbro PZ22 on an animal carb, don't be so sure that it will work.
I bought one of those just to see what they were like (quality, etc.) I think I gave $15 total for it shipped to my door. It was considerably smaller than 22mm, and although it physically bolts up to the animal intake, there's no way that this carb would handle a 206's demand on air or fuel. Realistically, the 22mm is too small from the factory.
You can try drilling your carb jets, but I still think it'll be a waste of time. Sometimes, you really do get what you pay for.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Hey I need up drilling the high speed jet to 0.033 and left the idler circuit alone (it was perfect) and it runs great on my mini! I was able to beat a Honda cr250r in a short race downhill!

Back